Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

We need a new atty

Started by tulip, Nov 14, 2004, 08:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

We're in Anoka Cty. The atty we used before came highly recommended. But everything he said the judge would do, she did the opposite. He told us the last time he was in court with us, he didn't have any experience dealing with meth addicts. I think that's why he was so surprised dh actually got custody. We have been told by the drug task force (and seen on the news) that Anoka Cty's judges are just really fed up with meth addicted mothers.

Some really bad stuff is going on here. Today dh and I were talking about how he can legally deny her contact with the kids until she gets clean. He is worried about the legal side, but also about telling the kids. But then when he was putting ss to bed tonight, he told dh he has to take her back to court. He can see she is really messed up, and he doesn't want to talk to her for a long time. The really sad part is that he thinks if dh takes her back to court, the judge can order her to go to treatment.

Sunshine1

Tulip, did you get a new attorney?  I think Dibella is from around those parts and they have a great attorney.

How have you been doing?  How is your family holding up?  Did you have a Happy Thanksgiving?

I have been thinking about you lately.  I hope all is well.

Sunny1  :)

tulip

No, we didn't get a new atty. DH is still trying to decide what to do. It's very hard to tell what's right and wrong here.

I'm just praying for a peaceful holiday season. We did have a good Thanksgiving, thanks for asking. BM has been calling a lot, we just don't answer the phone. The last time dh spoke to her she refused to take the drug tests. She said "it's never going to be good enough for you." Well she hasn't passed one yet, so I don't know if it will be good enough or not. She had the cops call here the day before Thanksgiving. After hearing dh's side, they called her back and told her she's in the wrong. She claims that she is compliant with the order to do drug tests because she told dh if he would pick her up and give her a ride, she would go take a test. Whatever. She has no problem getting around everywhere else she needs to go.