Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: no child support - drivers license suspended  (Read 5007 times)


  • Guest
no child support - drivers license suspended
« on: Jul 21, 2005, 12:53:04 PM »
My exes drivers license has been suspended due to non pay of child support- he is over 10,000 in arrears and has paid 16.00 total EVER.

Curious what it takes for him to get his license back - anyone know?

This is Hennepin county.




  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: 9
    • View Profile
Replied on the cs board. eom
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »


Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 260
  • Karma: -1
    • View Profile
He has to start making payments.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2005, 08:05:51 PM »
My ex had the state order his license suspended once due to non payment. His license was already revoked for a DUI at the time, so he found out when he tried to get it back that it was suspended for cs. When he started making payments again, they lifted the suspension request.

Is your county involved in collection on your case? If so, they would be reporting to the state whether or not payments are being made, and automatic income withholding should be in place from his employer. If he is self-employed or something, he would probably have to establish a history or payment plan, but not pay it off totally. At least that has not been the case with other people I know.

Also, if the county is involved, and he is that far in arrears and not paying anything, they will start pursuing contempt charges and he may be facing jail time.


  • Guest
RE: He has to start making payments.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2005, 08:23:28 AM »
Thanks- yes Hennepin county is involved in collection of the CS. However because I am not on welfare they arent real active in pursuing anything. I dont think hes working either and hasnt had a job since 2002. He lives off his girlfriend who is now pregnant with his 4th child.
The CS case worker mentioned that I file a motion for contempt because that would be alot faster than them doing it because they are sooo backlogged. My feeling is why bother - cant squeeze $ from a man who isnt working.

Anyway last weekend was visitation weekend and he didnt even call to say he WASNT coming and now the boys are upset and are asking if daddy is going to see them on weekends anymore.

Its just soo soo pathetic


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.