Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

no child support - drivers license suspended

Started by marybeth33, Jul 21, 2005, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marybeth33

My exes drivers license has been suspended due to non pay of child support- he is over 10,000 in arrears and has paid 16.00 total EVER.

Curious what it takes for him to get his license back - anyone know?

This is Hennepin county.

Thanks

MaryBeth

lucky

[em]Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

tulip

My ex had the state order his license suspended once due to non payment. His license was already revoked for a DUI at the time, so he found out when he tried to get it back that it was suspended for cs. When he started making payments again, they lifted the suspension request.

Is your county involved in collection on your case? If so, they would be reporting to the state whether or not payments are being made, and automatic income withholding should be in place from his employer. If he is self-employed or something, he would probably have to establish a history or payment plan, but not pay it off totally. At least that has not been the case with other people I know.

Also, if the county is involved, and he is that far in arrears and not paying anything, they will start pursuing contempt charges and he may be facing jail time.

marybeth33

Thanks- yes Hennepin county is involved in collection of the CS. However because I am not on welfare they arent real active in pursuing anything. I dont think hes working either and hasnt had a job since 2002. He lives off his girlfriend who is now pregnant with his 4th child.
The CS case worker mentioned that I file a motion for contempt because that would be alot faster than them doing it because they are sooo backlogged. My feeling is why bother - cant squeeze $ from a man who isnt working.

Anyway last weekend was visitation weekend and he didnt even call to say he WASNT coming and now the boys are upset and are asking if daddy is going to see them on weekends anymore.

Its just soo soo pathetic