Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Non-Custodial Parents UNITE  (Read 4986 times)


  • Guest
Non-Custodial Parents UNITE
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
Listen Ladies and Gentlemen,
I know that I am not the only non-custodial parent being made to pay 100% child support, because the custodial parent isn't or doesn't want to work!

Let's unite and get the laws changed! I have written my Senator (Senator John Synowiecki) about this!

I have informed him that with amount of support I pay I am living just about the poverty level!! I have made suggestion they change the Nebraska Child Support Guidelines (link here: http://court.nol.org/rules/childsupp.htm) to have the following:

1)If the custodial parent is not working the guideline working aggreement it will be calculated a such: The custodial parent will be calcualted as working a full time minimum wage job. -- This way the non-custodial parent isn't paying 100%
2)The guidelines do not take into account government student loans. They should be deducted.
3)Change the majority from 19 to 18.
4)If visitation have been denied, child support will STOP!!!

A little info for you that do not know: Senator Erdman has a bill in the legistlature now to change the majority age. The following is a copy of the email I recieved from him:


Thank you for your email and your interest in LB 505, a bill to lower Nebraska's age of majority from 19 to 18 years of age. However, concerning child support obligations, LB 505 is prospective only. We are not going to tamper with current orders that are in effect. The intent of LB 505 is not to change support orders or to change any child support guidelines, but to lower the age of majority. I appreciate your interest.


Philip Erdman
District 47

So let's get onboard and write your senators!!! The URL to find they're email is: http://www.unicam.state.ne.us/senators/senators.htm



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.