Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: intestate minor child  (Read 4819 times)


  • Guest
intestate minor child
« on: Jan 29, 2004, 09:36:29 AM »
When the father dies without a will,are the minor children treated the same as the adult children according to the law?


  • Guest
RE: intestate minor child
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2004, 01:34:02 PM »
Unless there is some document stating to the contrary, then all children, whether adult or minor, are treated the same.  The courts can order a minor child's share to be held in a trust until they reach age of majority and appoint an administrator.  If the person was married with 1 child then the spouse gets 1/2 of the assets and the child gets the other half.  If there was more than 1 child then the spouse gets 1/3 of the assets and the remainder  is divided equally between all surviving children.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.