Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Termination of child support  (Read 4472 times)


  • Guest
Termination of child support
« on: May 03, 2004, 12:16:57 AM »
Does anyone have the correct paper to file to terminate child support. The child support is garnished automatically from my paycheck and I thought once the children were 18 and not enrolled in school it was automatically stopped. I was wrong. My payroll department informed me they need a court order to stop, which according to Harris County, I have to hire an attorney. Is there a way to file it myself? I can't hardle stand the thought of paying another attorney due to the fact of the mess one put me in to begin with. So, if anyone out there has any advice for filing in Harris County for termination please send it my way! I've checked on line for a termination filing and couldn't find one anywhere! in the meantime, my ex is living it up!


  • Guest
RE: Termination of child support
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 05:42:02 AM »
First off if this is the last you will need one, may as well hire an attorney to get your ex off your back, its a small price to pay for freedom. Just make sure you look around for a good one this time! Become educated in what area you need and ask them serious questions, then choose.


  • Guest
RE: Termination of child support
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 11:15:48 AM »
Doesn't the CS order specify when the payment should be until? (such as "until child's 18th birthday or graduation from high school?"

Contact me: martbitara@hotmail.com


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.