Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Help  (Read 3046 times)


  • Guest
« on: Dec 30, 2004, 07:22:41 PM »
My husband has court in 1 week. Custody of his kids was given to his ex wife after we moved out of state for employment and she kidnapped them prior to the move. She got a restr. order on him prior to the court date and since we were financially vested in the relocation he could not go to court with a lawyer so, judge told him that he would give custody to her and if he didn't agree to come back with a lawyer. We stayed out of state for 6 months and on our way back to the second hearing, I (new wife) had a car accident and was hospitalized. This delayed his arrival to court, so she got custody. After my hospitalization and treatment for a head injury, his kids asked to visit us and during their second visit (Christmas 2002) they decided that they did not want to go back home to their mom.  Ages at that time was 11 and  15. Kids continued to call their mom weekly, etc. The next summer, the youngest asked that he be allowed to visit his mom, we drove him to her house and then she would not return him. He evidentually found a way out of her house and back to us. She sent the police, police asked boys who they wanted to live with, they said dad and that was the end of that. But now, my husband's credit is shot because atty general wants child support paid to her for the six months they lived with her, the amount is astronomical. So we go back to court, she has come to pick up the youngest for Christmas and he will not come back-we know this. I'm sure we will hear about him in court  in a week. If this isn't making sense I apologize, I feel sick to my stomach even as I write this. Today we got a letter from her lawyer saying that she is requesting back payment of $400/month to 2001 and jail time plus 10 years court supervision for my husband. We have provided kids with a home, insurance, school, extracurriculum activities (track, golf)...we live next door to their paternal grandparents. My husband is on disability, has no lawyer and I don't know what to do.


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 255
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2005, 07:34:07 AM »
What jurisdiction is the case in?  Texas? or the other state?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.