Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Desperate Father

Started by kayandy912, Jun 27, 2005, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayandy912

Does anyone here know anything about Family Law?
I was reading the family law resource book and it appears to me that you can't take a person's visitation away unless they have been CONVICTED of child abuse. My fiance was accused of child abuse by his ex wives and CPS but a Grand Jury No billed him which means they didn't believe it happened. But, his ex-wife is still trying to have his visitation set as supervised. Can this be done even if he wasn't convicted of child abuse? Please someone, anyone reply.
TJT

futureuselesseater

it can still be done, but just cause mom is trying to get his visits supervised doesn't mean a judge is going to grant it.  Anyone can make a request to court, but that doesn't mean squat!  If your husband doesn't have a lawyer he needs to get one and fight this.  Since his slate is clean that chances are good he won't be getting supervised visits.

kayandy912

The judge already granted supervised visitation temporarily based on the fact that he was accused of abuse not convicted. He goes back to court on the 29th to find out if it will become permanent. We have visited with Fathers for Equal Rights and they said that they have heard of this judge and that he is very biased towards women. In other words my fiance doesn't have a fighting chance.
Do you know how to address the issue of Parental Alienation in court?
Not only is she keeping him from seeing his children, she is now ignoring his calls to the kids and he never gets a return call.
TJT