Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:48:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support protest

Started by c_alexander, Feb 24, 2005, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

Someone was mentioning earlier on some of the Yahoo groups about a Child support protest. I'm game for it. Considering I have been out of work and unable ot make my payments technically I have been protesting since November now that I think about it.

Viva La Resistance!

kitten

Will pays more than $1600.00/mo. CS and is barely getting by.  BM is remarried, moved the kids to Alaska and Will has to pay half of the plane tickets to see his kids for a week in March.  His half is $1400.00 that her attorney is demanding by March 1st or he won't get his visit.  Don't know what he's going to do.  Guaranteed that if he can't get the money, bm will tell the kids he does not love them or want them anymore and this is proof.  It just never ends.

cinb85

or at least lowered since you are out of work?

c_alexander

Well, considering I provided evidence to the court that they broke their own child support LAWS when then set up my child support payments back in 1997 and then in 2002 when asked to fix this error they would NOT make the correction retroactive, even when proper evidence of income from 1997 to 2002 was shown. They would rather me be over $15,000 behind in CS then obey the law and fix their mistake.

These people are ONLY interested in the money...any money they collect is a source of financing for them ( In Indiana the governement gets $8.00 in funding from the US government for every $1.00 they collect). Therefore it is in their best interests to collect as much as possible....bigger budget for them means bigger paychecks for them.

I say we ALL just simply STOP paying our child support. The states would be SO screwed if even half of us had the guts. If they want Deadbeats, hell I say lets teach them the meaning of Deadbeat huh?

wendl

Kitten, is it in the court order that if he fails to pay this atty then he looses visitation??? If so that is wrong, just wrong, actually a lot in your case is just wrong.

Hugs to you honey.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

dipper

I feel for you.  My dh was very ill last year - he was paralyzed by the illness for about 10 days - hospitalized for 13.  He had no disability insurance.  He was out of work for six weeks.  During that time, we used my unemployment to pay insurance on he and yss.  We also bought school supplies for him.

We filed for reduction in CS - and of course, you had to wait for two months.................

My dh only got $188 behind as his support is not that high as he pays medical insurance and 75% copays.  He only missed two payments and half of another.  YSS was with us for three weeks during August.  BM didnt pay her rent for September - in court she stated it was because of dh not paying child support.  She was in fact, getting some support in September.  But doesnt this sound as if without that money she cannot afford her bills?  Of course her lawyer was trying to say that all dh wanted was to get out of cs....sounds as if all bm wants is the cs.............

c_alexander

Thanks to the state of IN breaking the law and setting my CS WAY too high I  am close to $15,000 behind. That is $3,000 past FELONY level here in IN. Now you tell me, in 5 years there is no way in cost well over $15,000 to raise a 3 year old. NO way!

Fair_Rulings

I'm here in Los Angeles California and would like to see a protest.  We are looking for a change in the family law situation here.  Let us know if you can help.
[email protected] Or [email protected]
Give us your information

dipper

While raising children is expensive, its amazing how it costs much more if the parent makes more.  I mean...if you made $1000 a month, then it may only take $150 child support to raise your child.  If you make $3000 a month, then somehow it takes $450 child support to raise your child.  The courts honestly dont care if the ncp has the money to live off of.  With dh it wouldnt have did him anygood to get a second job, she proved she would take him to court for more money.  A second job would limit his time with his son...and just boost her income, not his.  

My ex is way behind on support.   Now, he chooses to just see the kids whenever he feels like it and does not even take advantage of the court order.  And I really dont understand it because he and I do not fuss.  I dont even see him - his mother picks them up.  Whenever we do see each other, we get along fine and I have no anger toward him.  I do get upset because I feel he should see the kids more -and if he doesnt want to send money for cs - just buy the kids some clothes.  I would be willing to acknowledge that as cs.....But anyway, I did go to court last year to have the case transferred to the county I live in now.  My ex moved out of state, so its in their hands as far as cs.  When I went to court, I was surprised at how many guys were coming out and going straight to jail.  I heard some of what was said - and they didnt owe 1/5 of what my ex owes.  But, they didnt have jobs at the time, so to jail they went.  That really made me think as I told my dh - I would have a hard time sending my ex to jail as he is my girls dad......

I do believe in both parents being responsible, but I also have come to realize that many times the court is unfair.  

c_alexander

Don't get me wrong I KNOW there are fathers out there that no matter what happens just don't want a thing to do with their kids. Personally I think these guys should all be SHOT, but it's sadly not up to me. I FIRMLY believe if we could get the number of parents required to pay support reduced then the government could focus more ont he TRUE deadbeats instead of hassleing us dead broke and beat down dads. I got a call today from a friend of mine who has faced some of the same stuff with his divorce as I have. I have talked to him for a long time about the online community here and getting involved in the family law reform movement, but he was like most...beat down to teh pooint he was afraid to do anything. Something in him snapped today because he called me and talked to me for over an hour about how he wants to get involved and he is tired of being raped by the system. Bottom line is that there are a lot of people out there that have reached their limit as to how much BS they are going to take and are joining the bad wagon.

I saw on Celebrity Justice the other night a short clip about the guys in England who dressed up as superheros and climbed some building in protest. It was the England chapter of Fathers for Justice. It's coming to the point that it is going to take a group like this to DO outrageous stunts like this just to open the eyes of society to this injustice.

With the national divorce rate at 50-60% you would think that if we banded together we could get something done. WE are after alla majority of the population now thanks to no fault divorces.