Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 02:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I need help immediately

Started by theablefew, May 26, 2005, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Mike,

If you are "low-income", you may get some help from Friend of the Court. But don't count on it.

Ex Parte means an immediate emergency hearing without the other party present. Difficult to get unless you can make a plausible argument that your child may be in danger.

Keep in mind: your wife will screw you over in any way she can, and no place sees more lies than a court room. I.e. tell the judge that your wife is mentally unstable, and has mentioned to harm your child when in a situation like this.

Ask for the world, settle for less. Never ask what you want, because you won't get all you ask for. Ask for more to leave room for negotiations.

And yes, $250.00 is a reasonable fee for an attorney.

You can also go to Socrateaser's board and ask him how to file for an Ex Parte yourself.

Kent!

FLMom

Mike,

This is a woman talking. Listen to what the posters are saying here and follow their words to the letter.

You sound like a nice guy. Chances are, being a "nice guy", you'll be relegated to every other weekends and rotating holidays if you do not do EVERYTHING in your power to start sending paperwork flying through the courthouse.

A lawyer is not a supreme being. If a lawyer tells you that he doesn't think something is worth filing, then you walk down the sidewalk to the next lawyers office. And the next. And the next. You are not at the whim of a lawyer who obviously doesn't have time for you. This is a business relationship where HE/SHE works for YOU, and does as you request. They are there to guide, not to disregard.

You may not want a divorce, but she does and that is all that matters right now. The memory of love that you have is going to be your undoing if you do not, from this moment on, think of this as a war. You, Mike, are getting ready to be erased from the picture. Don't doubt it for a moment. She's already gone who knows where. Let her do it long enough and not file papers to say "WHOA-WAIT A DAMN SECOND!" and you will be viewed as apathetic to the situation.

You'd be suprised how much money you have when you need it. Get a cash advance on a credit card. Take out a loan on a vehicle. Go pawn everything pawnable you have. Sell your grandmother's prized china that you inherited. What I'm getting at is this: If you every needed to throw all your pennies into one pond, now is that time. Yeah, you'll be eating macaroni and cheese, baked beans and ramen noodles for the forseeable future, but your child will be smiling at you from the other side of the table, enjoying every single bite.

You are now fighting your soon to be ex wife for a relationship with your daughter. It's going to be a long hard battle. She's already made the mistake of taking off and denying you what is your right---to raise your child together. Make it tick you off. Dwell on it. Fight for your child as if
your life depended on it. Right now, having your child IN your life depends on what you do RIGHT NOW.

Good Luck,
FLMom

crayiii

Call the police!  File a missing persons report.  Get a report number.  Find out if they are out of state and if so, get the feds involved.

Danae

I agree. Call the Police and file at the very least a missing persons report if not outright KIDNAPPING. I am NOT kidding! Youcan drop the charges later if that is appropo. However, she HAS kidnapped your child. The sooner you treat that as such, the sooner you will get assistance from the authorities. THis is very very serious sir! TREAT IT LIKE THAT! IFight this battle to WIN. Otherwise you are at a very real disadvantage.

Best of luck to you!

Danae