Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I saw my son! (after almost a year)

Started by crayiii, Jun 06, 2005, 06:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crayiii

I went to the airport to pick my 6 year old son up after not seeing him since last July.  I got passes to let me go to the gate to meet him.  A friend of mine was there to video tape it.

He was walking up and he saw me from way back and he said "DAD!" His eyes got big and he ran up to me.  I got down on my knees and hugged him.  We stayed like that for a while and cried then I had to sign him out but when I got up, he told me to carry him.

The weekend was great!  We got tons of pictures and video.  He kept telling me how much he loves and misses me.  He kept telling me that he wants to come back soon to stay with me again.

We made a photo album of all of our old pictures of us together and included a bunch of the new ones for him to take home.  I'm going to make a DVD of the video and send him this week.

Two more weeks and I get to see him for 7 days!!!

jilly

I have been following your posts and let me be the first to say:

WONDERFULL!!!!!

I am so happy for you and your son.  Sounds like you're off to a great start.  Keep building those memories with him so if he ever starts to believe the lies your ex tells him he can look at those pictures and see the truth.

crayiii

I am making a calendar in Photoshop that I am going to mail to him this week.  Each month is 13x19 and has a picture of he an I on the top and big yellow smiley faces on the days when he and I are together.

Across each page it says.  "SON'S NAME and Dad's Time Together"

I hope his mom let's him hang it in his room...

rltfox

Congratulations!  I am glad he made it to you safe & sound.  I am sure riding on the plane was very exciting for him.  As far as the calendar goes, I would address it TO your son.  I don't know how far your ex would go to interfere, but if he sees the calendar himself it will be a lot harder for her to take it away.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!  Now the countdown begins until your next time together!

MYSONSDAD

I too, have followed your posts. All I can say, about time!

Hope the next few weeks go by quickly. I am still working on a way to make time stop when our son has his time with me....

Will you have him on Fathers Day?

"Children learn what they live"

crayiii

I asked for Father's day but I don't think she will allow it.  Her boyfriend is still causing issues and she is allowing it.

For now, I'm not going to fret about the time I don't have him and instead, I'm going to enjoy the time that I do have him!

ocean

Whooo Hoooo !!!  I am soo happy that he came without incident! So how do you feel now? Is the tiredness gone? :)

crayiii

I feel good, very good!

After the first couple of hours it was like we had been together the whole time.  The only thing that I noticed was he always held on to me, hugged my a ton, and kept touching my face.

Our conversation was at times a little strange.  He asked me if I could please come back home and live with him.  Then later, he told me that he has a bunch of secrets that his mom told him he can't tell me.

I told him not to worry about the secrects that I didn't mind if he didn't tell me.  I told him that if he felt like talking about any of them with me that he could and he wouldn't get into trouble.

wendl

I am so happy for you and your son.
I hope it continues and that you can make many memories together.

I would do two Calendars one for moms and one for your house.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

jopanate

WOW! I haven't been following your posts (I'm new to this), but anytime a dad is able to spend time with his son, it's a great time to be celebrated.  The only thing that concerns me is this "secret" you mentioned.  I think you would know best how to deal with your son, but it has been my experience that a six year old with secrets is not a good thing.  It may be in his best intrest to share those secrets with you or someone he trusts (like a teacher).