S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Help with new format!  (Read 2331 times)

Kitty C.

• SuperHero
    • View Profile
Help with new format!
« on: Nov 24, 2003, 03:08:07 PM »
I can't figure out the 'Avatar' thingy!  Either I get a blank window when I click on the selections, or an error message.  Does that mean there's something wrong on my end (like the user)? ;(
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

SPARC Admin

• Administrator
  • SuperHero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deltabravo.net
RE: Help with new format!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2003, 03:48:56 PM »
For the moment, avatars are only supported for remote images, there aren't any default images provided. This means that images have to be referenced through a URL on the net somewhere.

Avatar usage is still up in the air, depending on how much bandwidth they end up consuming. If it turns out to be too much we may have to turn them off.

Although the images are small (5 or 10k), they really add up. If you have 4 or 5 per page, and they're being loaded 10,000 times a day....

One 10K image loaded 10,000 times is 100,000K, or 100 megs of bandwidth. Five images would equal 500 megs a day. That's a lot of bandwidth.

Kitty C.

• SuperHero
    • View Profile
RE: Help with new format!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2003, 04:25:40 PM »
Thanks!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.