Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Father Custody  (Read 1158 times)


  • Guest
Father Custody
« on: Jul 18, 2005, 05:57:32 PM »
My girlfriend and I had a child. Problems arose, and she left with our infant child, and went to another state. She is staying with her parents. What can I do at this point to get custody of my son?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 266
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.CustodyIQ.com
RE: Father Custody
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2005, 07:57:03 AM »

It's very difficult to help you without specific details about your situation.

The question I'd ask back is... why do you think it's best for you to get custody of your son?

That's not a glib question, but rather the very question you'd have to prove in court.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Father Custody
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2005, 10:12:48 PM »
My ex left California for Texas and I ended up flying to Texas and got 50% custody of my son.  I ended up flying him out to California for visits and sometimes I flew out to Texas to spend time with him.  Once you have an order you can file it in the state you live in.  The only problem was that the PAS went on for years.  Texas told me I didn't have to pay child support.  My child support was to pay for the air fare for my son to fly out to California on non-stop flights.  Good Luck


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.