Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 04:42:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NBC Says Dads Can't Care for Their Kids

Started by POC, Aug 04, 2005, 04:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metamorphosis

Got that one, now here is Clorox's.

Thank you for contacting us about Clorox Bathroom Cleaner W/ Teflon Spray. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

As you can imagine, advertising is an integral part of our company's operation, and we devote a great deal of time and research to it. The objective of any Clorox Company advertisement is to provide the consumer with accurate, useful information about a product in a manner that makes the message memorable. On those rare occasions when there is disagreement about an advertisement's content or impact, we appreciate the feedback we may receive from our loyal consumers. Such feedback is always kept in mind when reviewing future advertising.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Shelley Preston

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

If you have additional questions or comments, click here to respond to this email.

Is it just me, or does this not have anything to do with what I said to them?

notthemama

I agree that the show does make dad's seem uneducated on how to care for their home and children.  It makes it look like every man needs a "SUPERMOM" to get things done right.

However, it is amazing that each time I watch Fox's [u]Nanny 911[/u], it makes me think that most moms can't raise their children.  From the majority of the episodes that I have seen, the families in crisis have a stay at home mom.  Naturally, the people on the show represent a small group of stay at home moms, [b]but[/b] it's still funny how these families with a stay at home mom are in complete chaos.  I mean, some of these children are just out of control.  And for most of the cases, fathers don't get much of a say-so of what goes on, because the moms will do the opposite of what the dad feels is right just to appease the children.

So the next time you see a clip of NBC's [u]Meet Mister Mom[/u], just turn to Nanny 911.