Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 02:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ad Format Change - Comments?

Started by SPARC Admin, Nov 17, 2005, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPARC Admin

We've made some changes to the ads displayed on the SPARC site and welcome any comments you may have.

1) All ads with "extreme animation" are being locked out. This includes ads that flash, blink, strobe, or have annoying visual effects.

2) Ads that expand, unroll, or have any element that covers the page are being locked out.

3) Pop-up ads have been locked out for some time, however we've noticed some banner companies will try to sneak them in anyway. These are mostly "survey" -type ads, and we're working to ensure that they never appear on the site.

4) SPARC is testing Google ads, which are mostly text-based. If you prefer text-based ads, please let us know. Google ads generally don't earn any revenue unless they're clicked on, so it's possible that they just may not be a good match for this site. We'll see how it goes.

5) Some ads with what we consider to be "objectionable content" are also being screened out.

6) Ads that play music or voice clips are being locked out.

7) Ads that redirect the "focus" of the page are being screened out, but unfortunately this can only be done on an "ad-by-ad" basis.

Your comments are welcome- please let us know what you think of the changes.

SPARC Admin
[URL=http://deltabravo.net]http://deltabravo.net[/URL]

c_alexander

You have ads on thi e forum? Really? How long has this been going on? Where are they? haha.

MYSONSDAD

Thank you for considering our thoughts in your decision.

extreme animations are the most annoying, but I managed to block them out, like I do the ex....

Thanks for the changes, they are appreciated.

Hawkeye

RE: SPARC Looks about the same to me, one of the best, if not THE best resource on the net for what kids need most, both parents.

DecentDad

While I appreciate all that, I'm one who would hope you'd display ads that help support SPARC.

I can handle animation, objectionable content, music, or redirecting the "focus" of the page.  I just tune it all out and understand that it's the very small price of getting to use SPARC.

The only two ads that can't be tuned out are the ones that expand, unroll, or otherwise block the page... and the pop-ups.

So, I'd vote that the primary rule be that the ad not block page content, and thereafter err on the side of revenue for SPARC.

Of course, I appreciate anything even more convenient for the reader, but I don't really expect it and fully appreciate that it takes $$ to run this site.

DD

Kent

I believe the ads from HotMatchup are inappropriate for SPARC.
Ads with scarsely dressed women in suggestive positions do not belong on a "shared PARENTING" website.

Kent!