Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: What about the custodial parent  (Read 2751 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: I don't think that there's much that you can do.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »
She doesn't tell us simply because she can. And she knows we can't send SS any cards, letters or present by mail. We are forced to go through her cell to get a hold of him (she doesn't answer calls or give messages).

But to answer your question, no there isn't a reason for her to withhold the address/phone number. We do see SS on our time unless she decides she doesn't want to show up.

Thanks for your response, I was just curious if there was any way to enforce this.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 2016
  • Karma: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.msn.com/
I am SO sorry that you are going through this!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2006, 05:03:09 AM »
I only wish that my ex wanted to see our DD as much as you want to see your SS.  I would be thrilled if ex send DD a card!!!!  He does absolutely nothing!

The only thing that I can think of is to ask the CS office what you can do to make sure that she tells you where your SS is living and gives you a phone number where you can reach him.  Good luck to you!  


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: What about the custodial parent
« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2006, 04:04:09 AM »
I am going through this right now, my ex gf has moved 4 times in the last year and a half and each time i had to search to find out where she is. I now have obtained custody ( i got her on 4 random drug screenings and i am on my way to my pretrial today at 1pm) but untill i could get custody she sat in front of the judge and said i threatened to kill her boyfriend, and i showed up drunk and caused a ruckus"". Niether of which is a reality,   they made me meet her down the street at a sheetz to do the custody switch. Good luck on that. But all i can say is a little legwork, goto the Post office and chane your childs address and foreward it to your house and send him some mail. then you will get the address because all they will do is slap a sticker on it for a couple of weeks  while thye forward it. its a dirty trick but it works. Or sometimes if you are charming enough you can get the forwarding address from the post office.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.