Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What we are up against......

Started by Bolivar, Mar 29, 2006, 08:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

If you ever wonder what kind of people are against "Equal Parenting" and the kinds of arguments one can expect from them; the battle in NY is heating up and the papers are giving us a good idea.

Marcia Pappas, president of the New York State Chapter of the National Organization for Women wrote an article "Joint Custody Bill Not In Child's Interest".

Notice the theme that runs through it is:
   1. men are abusive,
   2. don't want to spend time with their kids,
   3. that shared parenting is only to escape paying money to the mothers.

[EM]Glenn Sacks countered the argument and is linked for you to compare.[/EM]

JOINT CUSTODY BILL NOT IN CHILD'S INTEREST
Marcia Pappas, president of the New York State Chapter of the National Organization for Women
By MARCIA A. PAPPAS
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=465504&category=OPINION&newsdate=3/28/2006

SUPPORTING THE CHILD BY ORDER OF THE COURT
Family law proposes to keep bonds strong

Mike McCormick Executive Director of the American Coalition for Fathers and Children.
Glenn Sacks nationally-syndicated men's and fathers' issues radio talk show host
By MIKE McCORMICK and GLENN SACKS
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=465489&category=OPINION&newsdate=3/28/2006

melissa3

The maric pappas article was one of the most selfish, one-sided, hypocritical and ignorant articles I've read in awhile!

Is lady nuts??? The title of her article is "JOINT CUSTODY BILL NOT IN CHILD'S INTEREST" but I didn't read one single FACT that proved joint-custody was dertimental to the children. She just rambles on and on about nothing and explains how joint custody is bad for the CP. Also, she says "It is a lie that mothers are awarded custody in 95 percent of divorce cases" yet she doesn't realize that in her article SHE typecasts the NCP as male. She can turn facts around all she wants but the subconcious doesn't lie and you can tell that even she doesn't believe what she writes. =)

The MIKE McCORMICK and GLENN SACKS article was very informative and only discussed the "Best Interest of the Children". Like I said in my previous posts, I have NEVER seen a Men's/Father's Rights Group that only advocated for themselves and not for their children.

The court system needs to get a clue. Children need both parents, not one parent and a paying visitor. They need to see that the reason joint-custody may fail is becuase there are people out there (like Marica, Trish and Liz) that are intentionally sabotaging it!!!!