Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: where do i start?  (Read 984 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
where do i start?
« on: Oct 15, 2006, 02:12:50 PM »
i have a 2 and half year old daughter i have never seen.  after my ex-girlfriend became pregnant, she immediately moved out of state.  my name is not on the birth certificate and my ex claims that the father is unknown.  my ex has lost custody once to her parents, when they told the courts she was unfit to be a mother.  my ex's parents and my daughter moved out of state.  that violated the court's decision and now my ex has custody again.  my ex is mentally ill and unmedicated and i am worried about my daughter's safety.  what do i do to get my daughter into safer hands?  any advice would be greatly appreciated.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5065
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
RE: where do i start?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »
You will need to establish paternity through the courts and then try for visitation/custody. You need to file where the child has lived the past 6 months.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.