Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by Troubledmom, Nov 27, 2003, 08:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troubledmom

There is so much to be thankful for this year...
I wanted to take a moment to tell all of you here at Sparc that I am Thankful for all of you. The support, advise, and influence you folks have on my life.
Thank-You All
TM

Peanutsdad

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

The meal is prepared, the cook getting snappish, the children on the verge of revolt waiting.

The turkey, so lovingly prepared by kiddosmom( and it looked GREAT!), is passed off to me to be carved. With the careful delicate skill of a surgeon, I precisely and carefully slice from one side of the bird, thus preserving one perfect breast for later slicing into picture perfect sandwich meat.

The children descend upon the meal like a starving horde. Later, as I pass back into the kitchen, thinking about all those wonderful sandwiches, I gasp in horror at what is before my eyes. That previously untouched virginal breast of turkey, has been hacked, a chunk halfway down it ripped brutally from the bird. Worse, the carving knife, now stands buried crossgrain in the remnaints of the breast like a foul trophy. No longer will there be perfect sandwiches, merely chunks, slapped upon bread to feed to the grunting masses.

In my fury, I bellow fiercely, the force of my cry shivers the rafters, " Who has despoiled my BIRD???"

My 12 year old son( which means his brain is disconnected from his body except in cases of self preservation simply because he IS male, and is12, yet was gifted with no small intelligence from me), answers up, " oh I did dad,, sure is good turkey mom". Of course the female response to this is as automatic as it is genetic and the 12 year old male child KNOWS this, thus counting on it to save him from my alpha male wrath. "awww thank you sweety,, eat up now". In wordless fury I stand there, defeated by the alpha females response to flattery, eye to eye with my smirking male child, knowing he has foiled me with the oldest manipulation in the world, and gone are my visions of perfect turkey,, vanishing down the gullet of my 12 year old son, who smiles knowingly, and says to me,, Happy Thanksgiving dad. I concede the defeat and relinquish my dreams of perfect turkey.
What the boy does not realize is this, one day, he too shall be grown, with a family and will invite me to thanksgiving dinner. Oh revenge will be sweet. I smile back knowingly, to my darling child and reply, "Happy thanksgiving son", I know,, my day will come. It did for my own father,and he relishes that victory to this day.

lah101

There IS so much to be thankful for this year... and SPARC is truely one of them!  I have met so many wonderful people on here and have made some very good friends that without their support I do not know what we would have done.  Thanks TM for reminding me on the one really good thing in our lives!
[IMG SRC=http://www.wtv-zone.com/harmandmac/shipperlist/anicons/Turkey.gif]

Lah101