Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: son and daughter  (Read 934 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
son and daughter
« on: Mar 15, 2007, 01:47:06 PM »
Since January when my ex (woman) left and moved to Indiana with my approval and two children. The full month I was only able to talk with children three times of the 8 times allowed. (per decree)   In February it was better with my daughter she talked about 6 min.,  but my son (8) only said he didn't want to talk to me and hung up.

I am not sure if this is typical.  My daughter (12) is like pulling teath to  talk to and is starting to say I don't have any more to say. Normally only 3 min.   Is this normal.  

Prior to this I was denied for eight months to see my children (Lawyers words, we need a court date in order for them to visit you.)

Any help?  I pray to God and He has given me peace while I am in the midst of these times.   Without Him I would be a basket case.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5245
  • Karma: 52
    • View Profile
If a child visitation schedule & custody agreement are not in
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »
place then you do have to go to court (or agree) and get one in place.  Since you allowed your ex to leave the state without a custody agreement in place (I assume), the burden will be on you to get this done.  


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1697
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: son and daughter
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2007, 02:12:28 PM »
If you have a court order in place, your ex is required to follow it and make the kids available at the specified times. If she is not doing that, you can file for contempt (but you'll have to prove that the kids were not available).

There is no reason to have to go 8 months without seeing your kids. Any lawyer who says that's OK isn't doing his job.

If your son is suddenly starting to say that he doesn't want to talk to you, you should be concerned about parental alienation syndrome. (http://www.helpstoppas.com/)

No one can make your kids talk to you if they don't want to. Like even an intact family, sometimes kids don't like to talk - the better your relationship with them, the less problem it wil be. You can't necessarily hold your ex responsible if the kids don't want to talk to you. Her responsibility is two fold: 1. To make the kids available at the required time. and 2. To refrain from alienating the kids. If she's doing those things, any communication problems are your problem to deal with. If she's not doing what she's supposed to, you have a right to try to enforce it.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.