Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: 16 year old pregnant, whats my Support options-obligations? 1-14-04  (Read 3507 times)


  • Guest
My child is 16, she's 5 + months pregnant.  What does this do to my child support agreement as far as Do I still pay??????   What if she marries the boyfriend.  I just discovered that she's pregnant and she and her mom have hid it from me since October when the mom found out.  Appearantly she got pregnant in August 2003, the mom, my X wife, found out in October 2003, I found out by accident Dec 25, 2003.  The babies due in May 2004.  Her mom says shes keeping the baby and staying/living at home till she graduates next year from high school.  My daughter will be 18 August of next year.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.  I appreciate any help you can give me.  Thanks

Richard M. Baker
Tele (843) 760-4203 x114
Cell (843) 367-4752
Fax  (843) 767-1446

South Carolina


  • Guest
Unless she marries (and I'm not even sure if that is fact) you are still responsible for CS until whatever age your decree states ... just as the father of this baby is responsible for CS to your daughter.

Ugly huh?

In SC emancipation is "graduates from high school OR turns 18."  Unless she moves out of her mother's home, holds down a job and can prove income to solely support herself (no roommate's income can be used) she cannot become an emancipated minor.

I am SO sorry for you and your daughter being in this situation.  Please, be supportive of her.  She has made a decision that is going to change her life forever.  Don't turn her away because you don't agree with it.  She needs you now more than ever.


  • Guest
If she is still living at home and still going to school the cs obligation is still there.
If she marries then you should contact a lawyer to find out your options.
Congrats on being a grndpa :)
To bad she did not wait till she was older :(

Indigo Mom

  • Guest
RE: since the other posters answered your questions....
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2004, 11:18:10 AM »
all I can add is WTF?  If I found out my 15 year old was pregnant, child support would be the LAST of my worries.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 182
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: since the other posters answered your questions....
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2004, 12:24:07 PM »
WELL there aint to much he can do about the PG TEEN now is there??

I wonder why in the hell he would post all that PER info on a BB forr all the nutbags to see. I would edit that ASAP.


Indigo Mom

  • Guest
RE: since the other posters answered your questions....
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2004, 02:51:38 PM »
-----WELL there aint to much he can do about the PG TEEN now is there??-----

Sure there is.  For starters, becoming more involved in her life.  I understand there may be many miles separating them...or maybe there's an emotional barrier.  Who knows.  

He can make sure she gets to the doctors appointments.  He can call to see how she's feeling.  He can have a father/daughter talk about what's going to happen once this child is born.  She's 15 years old, she can't even get a job.  He can discuss things like adoption.  He can also discuss what's going to happen to her life, and the life of that baby should she choose to keep it.  

He can try to figure out what the father is doing/wants to do.  Is he still around?  Is he providing for her?  

He can make sure she's eating properly, not smoking, not drinking, blah blah blah.

Basically, he can be a father...one that knows what's going on in his childs life.  Males are very important in a young girls life...looks like she went and found love in the wrong place.  


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1011
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
me too but
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2004, 08:30:22 AM »

I'm sure he's in shock, not thinking rationally and angry because once again he's been excluded from his daughter's life by the BM.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.