Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: "FATHER NEEDS HELP NOW"  (Read 2502 times)


  • Guest
« on: Jan 18, 2004, 03:17:01 PM »


hello I hope somebody can help me this is the situation I have been married for 15 years suddenly eight weeks ago my wife moved in with her mother and father and took my thirteen-year-old daughter with her I have not been able to see her. Some background on my wife my wife has never had a good relationship with her family she grew up in one of these you have to prove your love situation with her mother and father. they are both very controlling and manipulative in the 15 years we've been married three times my wife hase made a concerted effort to get close to her mom and dad all three times we had ended up separated for short periods of time. Her mother and father have a irrational hatred for me because I moved their daughter from their small Michigan town to San Francisco because of the way she was raised she Haas a very strong desire to please her parents her parents are pressuring her to file for divorce even though she doesn't want to do that her parents told her that she must decide between me and her family.
her mother and father had been daily telling my daughter horrible things about her father in an effort to turn her against me one time she called me crying saying you wouldn't believe the horrible things they're saying about you. one time her father offered to buy her a car if she would just leave me she's under incredible pressure and I don't know what to do can I just go get my daughter and bring her home. I live in Michigan now to I understand that because no court papers have been filed I have as much right to my daughter as she does. Im just trying to make her understand that they are consequences to things such as divorce.
 and wants she starts that and they have had their way the love fest will End and their calls will come out again to give you an idea of how manipulative they can be when we got married my wife didn't want one of her uncle's to come to the wedding because he sexually molested her when she was a child her mother's response was your the problem because you keep bringing it up why can't you just forget about it is there any action I can take against them for constantly interfering with our relationship and what they've been doing to my daughter think you please help



  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 969
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deltabravo.net
RE: Some quick help and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2004, 04:01:58 PM »
>is there any
>action I can take against them for constantly interfering with
>our relationship and what they've been doing to my daughter
>think you please help

Yes, and fortunately you're asking for help now, early in the process, rather than after it's too late. Start off by reading these pages, and then see below for some sample letters you should start using immediately.

Protecting Yourself During Divorce

Tips For Getting Started

How To Hire An Attorney

Hiring An Effective Attorney

Success Factors In Obtaining Custody

One of the first things you'll hear around here is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is *crucial*. Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is better, especially if you may end up in court (and judging by what you've said, it seems likely you will).

Also, as mentioned above, start using these immediately:

Notice Of Intent To Exercise Visitation

Denial Of Visitation Form Letter


  • Guest
RE: Some quick help and suggestions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2004, 09:47:23 PM »
thank you for the help


  • Guest
RE: Some quick help and suggestions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2004, 10:33:56 PM »
Good luck John,, and keep us posted.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.