Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:11:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I need some help!!!

Started by superdad01, Jul 30, 2008, 07:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

OK guys I was wondering if their was an easy way to go about this. My daughter tells me that her mom has a job. I'm guessing as a RN because that is what she is qualified to do. When I picked her up yesterday mom was not there (Ignoring first right of refusal which is another thread alltogther).

Anyways odviously this affects my childsupport greatly. She is imputed at minimum wage. She should be going to $20+/hr I don't think that FOC would give me any info regarding her income or job status. I am sure if the situation were reversed they would find out if I had a higher paying job.

Is their a penalty if mom or dad don't tell FOC of a new job. Or would the info automatically pop-up when they look into their sysytem?

I'm not trying to suponea her to find out if she has a job or not. I know I can't have her imputed and a nurse wage until she actually has a nursing job.

Any help would be appreciated. I am just trying to save myself some aggrivation of dealing with the FOC if I don't have too.

ocean

Ask for a child support modification since mom now has a job it needs to be recalculated.

Ref

If you do think you know, you can call from a nontracable phone and ask to speak with her. They will either get confused and tell you she doesn't work there, or they will tell you to hold on. Then you can hang up. You will have your answer.

If you are sure she is working, you can wait until after she has to file her taxes and then file for a decrease. That way you can ask for her return and she will have no choice but to show the increase in pay.

You should think about it this way though. It cost my DH a few thousand dollars in legal/filing fees for his decrease because BM countersued. In Florida, his jurisdiction, the person making the most money has to pay the legal fees for all parties. The judge thought BM's filing was frivolous and had her pay half of her legal fees as punishment. This still stuck DH with his fees and half of hers.

I would calculate what you will pay if she does make $20/hr vs how much you pay now. Then compute the difference for the life of your CS obligation. Then subtract approx legal fees and whatever dollar value your time and pain is worth to you. Then see if it is worth it.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be. Shoot, going from $7/hr to $20+/hr might totally be worth it.

I will tell you. DH's ex ramped up the PAS after he lost his job and had to request a temporary decrease. This caused pain not only for him but his daughter.

Good Luck
Ref

superdad01

$7.00.... lol try $5.50.

Anyways yeah I am just trying to find out where she works for a minimal fee or free instead of court fees and everthing else associated with it to get nothing out of it. I need to get an idea of her hours so that way I might be able to pull some sort of 50/50 out of it. My daughter told me she is working till midnight tonight.

Her working these hours etc is making her completely ignore our first right of refusal in our order etc.

I don't know if I should start by filing complaint with FOC.... My favorite caseworker always tells me  "Just wait a little while longer" or "Well if it happens again then we'll  do something about it "..... lol She really likes me

superdad01

So nobody has any ideas....

It's funny how If I was ducking out on paying my childsupport that they can put my ssn number is some magic machine and be able to find out where I am working. Hell they can even find me working under the table somewhere but With all the resources avaible today I cannot find out where this woman works... lol Why always a double standard?

Would she face any kinda penalty from FOC for not reporting a new job making significantly more money?

Would I face any kinda penalty from FOC for not reporting a new job making significantly more money?