Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Need advice and or suggestions  (Read 1521 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Need advice and or suggestions
« on: Oct 17, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »
My step son is now living with us.  He has 2 children, they live with their mother.  He has court ordered visitation every other weekend.  Well she sent him a text message after the last weekend telling him that there was a parent teacher conference the next night and it was court ordered that he go.  This is false, so since he didn't go due to work, she is denying him his weekends until they go to court again.  As near as he can figure, they don't have another court date, unless she makes one as she wants to change their last name to hers and he won't sign the papers so she says she is taking him to court over that.
He went to the county court house where she lives and tried to file for an emergency hearing this week and was told the earliest possible time wouldn't be until February!  
He is so broke it isn't funny.  He can't afford his attorney and we can't afford to give him any more money.
He has called the police in the past when she didn't show up at the court ordered agreed drop off pick up spot.  But what can he do??!!

Thanks for any all responses.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5073
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
RE: Need advice and or suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
Show up at the pick-up place. File a police report if she does not show up. File for Contempt for denial of visitation. You can do this yourself. It will take a few weeks to get into court. File for police reports each time and bring them to court with you. She will have to say why she is not bringing them there.

I would send her a text that you will be at the meeting place and if she is not there that you will file a police report. See if that makes her show up.

You can not file for emergency hearing unless the kids are in danger and you have solid proof. It stinks that the courts are so slow...


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.