Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Looking for help with grandparent custody  (Read 3035 times)


  • Guest
Looking for help with grandparent custody
« on: Dec 02, 2003, 05:12:19 AM »
My husband went to jail for 6 months and gave his mother gaurdianship of his 4 children. He was told by his mother when he got housing and a job she would give them back and now she is backing out. How do we go about geting them back?


  • Guest
need to know..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2003, 07:39:47 AM »
what state this is in.....


  • Guest
RE: need to know..
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2003, 01:20:38 PM »


  • Guest
here are some options?
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2003, 02:35:10 PM »
in my humble opinion

i would file a Petition to Terminate Guardianship, using the original guardianship case file

based upon the following Wyoming statute, use section (iv) and/or (v)

state your reasons, let the judge decide... let's see what are your odds? 50/50

file original in court file, serve copy on grandparents, call judge's assistant get a hearing date, send a notice of hearing to everyone, go to court, be prepared to show that dad is up to the job and has been participating and that the grandparents have done whatever????/

keep us updated.



3‑3‑1101.  Cause for termination.

(a)  A guardianship shall cease, and a conservatorship shall terminate, upon the occurrence of any of the following circumstances:

(i)  If upon attaining the age of majority when the ward is a minor who has not been adjudged an incompetent person or a mentally incompetent person;

(ii)  The death of the ward, subject to W.S. 3‑2‑109(a)(iii) and 3‑2‑201(a)(x);

(iii)  A determination by the court that the ward is competent and capable of managing his property and affairs, and that the continuance of the guardianship or conservatorship is not in his best interest;

(iv)  A determination by the court that the guardian or conservator is not acting in the best interest of the ward.  In such case, the court shall appoint another guardian or conservator;

(v)  Upon determination by the court that the conservatorship or guardianship is no longer necessary for any other reason.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.