Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:03:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

stbx trying to bait me into violating TRO

Started by kahuna, Nov 29, 2003, 08:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Mom

Cept they're pretty darned handy in custody, as MANY of us have learned.  They're used to better "position" a person as CP in a custody battle, cause NO ONE is held accountable for a false RO.

In the case of a TRUE psycho...RO's only cause more grief, IMO & my experience.  True psychos do NOT like to be restrained, they take it as yet another blow to their ego, and TRUE psychos "remedy" the situation the only way they know how...with more violence.  As you know, most people who are killed by ex spouses/lovers, have that "handy" little piece of paper in their purse or pocket as they lay there dying.  

StPaulieGirl

It's true that an RO can be useful for documentation purposes.  It burns me up that filing a false RO doesn't carry any real penalties.  Why bother having laws if they're only going to be selectively enforced?

I live in the Los Angeles area.  I learned a long time ago from reading the paper, just how worthless an RO can be.  Psychotic people come in both genders.  I wonder how many men need one, but don't get one?  It's probably pretty humiliating to stand before a judge and try and explain why a 6' man needs protection from a woman who's maybe 5'1".  I think that maybe people need to start protecting themselves.  Of course that would involve loosening up the "conceal carry" laws.  We all know that guns are the root of all violence. Yeah, let's outlaw baseball bats and sharp objects!  More insanity from our elected officials, who will not camp out in our driveways and protect us./sarcasm

Brent

Cept they're pretty darned handy in custody, as MANY of us have learned. They're used to better "position" a person as CP in a custody battle, cause NO ONE is held accountable for a false RO.

Unfortunately, this is 100% true. They are the weapon of choice in custody battles, along with false allegations of sexual abuse.

StPaulieGirl

[p]Unfortunately, this is 100% true. They are the weapon of choice in custody battles, along with false allegations of sexual abuse.

[p]Lots of dead people are laughing at this thread.  If your witch of an ex spouse/gf/mother of your children actually accused you of sexually molesting your kids, then give me her email address.  We've got stomach flu, and I'd like to spread the joy....

GAAL Daddy

This is my openion. All it takes for a woman to get a TPO /TRO is to write a statement (truth does not have to be proven)  and take it before a Judge.  The judge cannot afford not to sign it, due to the fact that it may be true.  If requested and the Judge refused to sign, then the Judge is liable for the injuries and in some cases death of the requesting party.
So a TRO / TPO is not that big of an animal.  UNLESS you don't follow the guidlines to the Tee.  Some states the penalty for violating a single guideline of the order ia a minimum of 10 years and $10,000.00.  They are serious when they say DO NOT.
If your X is trying to trip you (and they will)  Record the phone message.  Get detailed billing from your cell provider.  This will show her calls made to you.  Look in the front of your area phone book.   Most phone services have a number to call for harrasing phone calls.  The phone company can log the date, time and # where the call was made.  DO NOT SPEAK TO HER. If she comes into the same building that you are in, leave.  
 It will all look beter on you in court.