Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Attorney that will fight for fathers rights in Oklahoma  (Read 1074 times)


  • Guest
Attorney that will fight for fathers rights in Oklahoma
« on: May 13, 2004, 03:59:57 PM »
I need to get any available information on fighting for joint or sole custody for a father in Oklahoma.  Any help would be appreciative.  My boyfriend filed for divorce over 2 years ago.  There are many instances that have happened already to where he should have sole custody.  The mother has neglect and abuse charges.  She has testified in court that she pulls her son by his hair and that she hits him in the chest.  DHS, found the bruises that were on the children not to be life threatening and returned them to the custody of the mother.  The father (my boyfriend) in the beginning was only seeking joint custody.  But right now he is only allowed visitation.  He works 30 days on and 30 days off for commercial barge lines, so he gets them every other week when he is home.  So that is 12 weeks out of the year. He was getting them more until the mother realized it was affecting her child support total. I am only giving little detail here.  But it comes down to the mothers family having connections in the county legal system in our county, that and the mothers attorney when to law school with the judge so they are chummy.  The kids are only a paycheck for the mother...right now she is getting 1100 child support and 1000 alimony per month.  The kids often tell there dad that they don't have food to eat....yet nothing is done.  When DHS goes for inspections...they call and make an appointment instead of doing a suprise visit.  There have been times he has picked the children up and they haven't bathed for days.  I know this isn't maybe that big of deal. But the kids are only 5 and 8.  They cry to there dad on the phone to come and get them.  The lastest is that the mom has now moved some guy she met off the internet (from virginia, but we have no proof) into the home.  She says that he is not living there...but he brought his kids with them and has enrolled them in school.  No one in the house is working of course they are living off my boyfriends support.   I found in the Oklahoma law where that if we can prove that she has a male living with here that the alimony can be stopped.  But don't know how to go about getting proof wihout breaking laws.  I keep telling my boyfriend that he needs better legal representation.  He has had his lawyer for 1 year.  When he first hired him right off the bat, the lawyer got his alimony lowered.  That was last April 2003 nothing has happened since.  There are records of the mother being in contempt on the visitations...but when they get a court date.  The dad is always put on the stand first and they ask him the same things over and over.  Where do you work. Blah Blah until its late and than he never gets to put his witnesses on the stand.  His son is starting to stutter and withdrawl.  I need some legal direction here.  I need to find a good lawyer in Okahoma that will fight for these kids and fight for their dad and their 14th amendment rights..  Can you point me in a good direction?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.