Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:47:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

We're still here!

Started by Kitty C., Feb 04, 2004, 08:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

The major part of the move is complete; I just have some kitchen stuff and DS's bed frame to move.

Had a snow storm on Monday to throw a monkey wrench into the pile, but at least it was WARMER!  In the high 20's!  And we're supposed to get another one starting tonight, with even more snow, so I'm glad the majority of it is done.  

So far, so good.  I hate like he!! to have to do things the way I am, but I really don't have any other choice, unless I want to put up with the possibility of more stress and abuse.  No way!  I filed the papers yesterday morning, then went to the sheriff's office to have them serve him.  I told the lady of my concerns and she said she would talk to the dispatch supervisor (who happens to be a friend also!) to make them aware of the situation and that they pass it on to the deputies.

Then I get called out to an accident yesterday afternoon, and one of the deputies on the scene said 'I hear we're going to be watching out for you this weekend.'  News travels fast in that dept. and it definitely was a GREAT reassurance to know they're there to protect me and DS.

And a bit of irony??  There's 2 deputies on this weekend, the first being the deputy whom I've been talking to and knows the WHOLE story, and the second being the deputy DH hates the most, because he got DH on his first DUI.

I ended up taking DS out of school yesterday around noon, the stress was just too much for him to handle.  He hasn't been sleeping very well either, so I plan to get some mild OTC sleeping pills for him tonight.  I think getting settled and a few nights in our new home will also do wonders for him.  I've kept his half sis and SM updated on what's been going on, too.

This ain't over yet, not by a long shot.  But the bulk of the back-breaking work is done, and I want to thank each and every one of my dear friends here who have kept us in mind these past few days.  I definitely felt your presence and thoughts and can only give you my deep gratitude as a feeble thanks for supporting DS and me.  I think back to that time over 13 years ago, when I basically did this very same thing, but had 1800 miles to do it and only the moral support of my immediate family.  Tho my energy level ain't what it was then (!), the physical and emotional support from my extended family and friends MORE than makes up for it!

God bless each and every one of you!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

You have made it over the biggest hurdle. Just take one day at a time. I feel better knowing you have Deputies out there watching your back.

I use exedrin PM for those sleepless nights.

Still sending those prayers and good wishes you way.

"Children learn what they live"

StPaulieGirl

Thank God that you have law enforcement looking out for you!

You're a good person, Kitty.  You busted your butt for the kids, and you can always be proud of that.

gmaoftwo

and good to hear that most of the move is done.  I've been holding my breath (well, not literally) till I heard from you again.

Poor DS!!!  I'm sooo sorry he's having such a hard time still.  What does his counselor suggest to relieve some of the anxiety?  

Just keep reassuring him that you two are being watched over by your deputy friends, and that he is safe.  Now that you are in your apartment, things can start to settle down, and maybe DS can relax a little.

Give him hugs from us at SPARC, and some for you too!!!  (((((Kitty)))))

Keep us updated, sweetie!

4honor

Melatonin works wonders for my 5 yo. no visible side effects and no nightmares. I just don't give it to him and take it myself on the same night, cause it doen't work as long on him as it does on me... and he likes to mix things out of the refrigerator.... not good.

You and your are in our prayers.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

MixedBag

You've got my e-mail, let me know if you need anything...!!!

lucky

And you guys are STILL in my prayers!  Take care of you and your ds, Kitty.  I hope the weekend goes peacefully.
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

Kitty C.

It's Friday morning, DH is due back sometime this afternoon, and my nerves are shot.  DS is staying with my brother this weekend, but my place fell thru and it looks like I'm gonna have to spend the weekend in a motel.

I'd give anything to be able to fast forward life........just for a little bit.....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......