Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 10:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A message from Melanie Cummings

Started by Brent, Feb 05, 2004, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

A message from Melanie Cummings

Subject: Paternity Fraud/Establishment: DHHS/HHS On-Going work for 2004 (Human Services Policy)

Everyone needs to go into this website to see what the DHHS/HHS, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning & Evaluation is up to in the family formation field.  The big topics are Family Formation (including Child Support, Fatherhood, Teen Parents).  They are policing via projects.  A current bullet point is "Emerging Issues in Paternity Establishment".  

Please read the below carefully:

"This project will analyze legal, ethical, financial and psychological challenges around paternity establishment, focusing on how the science of DNA testing may impact the child support enforcement system, family economic security, child well-being and the principles of family law that underlie child support practices.  Potential changes to the paternity establishment process, particularly in response to challenges to paternity acknowledgements established without benefit of DNA testing, could have a major impact on the performance of the child support enforcement system as well as Federal and state child support financing.  Given the potentially controversial nature of this project, it will be a low-profile project that will provide the department with an analysis for internal use only.  Background papers will be drafted in consultation with experts."

Everyone needs to write to senators, congressmen, Arnaudo and Horn, etc. (list of participants are on the website).  We need a "seat" at the table and since your funds (hardworking taxpayers $$) are paying for this, it is public property - not a document for internal use only and then it is a low-profile project.  As we all know, fraud is fraud!!!  

All ongoing work is listed which is quite beneficial to EVERYONE on these lists.  My personal favorite was "The Effects of the work Pays Demonstration, EITC Expansions and the Business Cycle on the Labor Mraket Behavior of the California Caseload".  You will see the authorities used in compiling info from the CSE system.  They are using it!!!!  As always, it states for TANF recipients BUT since we pay into the system via non-TANF, we are still under TANF.

To find these "works":  Go to //www.dhhs.gov
click on HHS
click on Topic List
Click on Family Formation

Good luck - this is quite important.  Email me if you have any problems.

Melanie Cummings
[email protected]

StPaulieGirl

I checked out the link, and even did an advanced search, but I can't find "family formation".

What in the hell IS family formation, anyway?  More doublespeak from our friends who are trying to "help us"?

mel400

Sorry.  The report is there.  It is 18 pages.  Go to //www.dhhs.gov
Scroll down to About HHS and click (on right side)
Click on Topic List
Scroll down and click on Human Services Policy Issues (right side)
Click on Family Formation
Click on Ongoing Work

My personal favorite is on Page 10 (The Federal parent Locator Serivce, TANF, and Medicaid Database).  I previously had the title wrong - as always was in a hurry.

Review.  Everyone, review.

StPaulieGirl

Oh boy, I found it.  Federal parent locator service.  

Programs operated by OCSE including the Federal Case Registry, Federal Offset Program, Multistate Financial Institution Data Match, National Directory of New Hires, and Passport Denial Program.  Stalin would be so proud.

I really liked that mealy mouthed bit about the impact of DNA testing on child support collections.

Emerging Issues in Paternity Establishment
This project will analyze legal, ethical, financial, and psychological challenges around paternity establishment, focusing on how the science of DNA testing may impact the child support enforcement system, family economic security, child well-being and the principles of family law that underlie child support practices. Potential changes to the paternity establishment process, particularly in response to challenges to paternity acknowledgements established without benefit of DNA testing, could have a major impact on the performance of the child support enforcement system as well as Federal and state child support financing.
Given the potentially controversial nature of this project, it will be a low-profile project that will provide the Department with an analysis for internal use only. Background papers will be drafted in consultation with experts.

Controversial?  Ohhh you people have no idea!  I don't care whether someone has children or not, this is just an unbelievable example of government out of control.  I'll bet that it's just not parents that can be located in a click of a mouse these days.  I'm sitting here trying to figure out the best way to post this info to Free Republic. )(

Oh I just have to bookmark this site.   Thanks for the heads up Mel and Brent.

mel400

Glad you found and please use.  Everyone use!!!!!  This needs to get to everyone and Mens News Daily should post, too.  Please expose.  I also sent to AMOJ.  Maybe tons of calls to the Office of Asst. Secr. for Planning (there is section for Human Services personnel) would help.  WE NEED A SEAT AT THE TABLE.

If someone could attach the documents and repost, I'd appreciate it.  Do this as an alert message.  Thanks.  My msn is blocking the sending of attachments.

StPaulieGirl

I posted the links and the 2 excerpts on Free Republic, but seeing as it isn't "breaking news", I posted it in "general interest", aka the graveyard.  I haven't received any comments on the article, but I believe that this is ursurping at least several of our constitutional rights, and should be of interest to everyone.

We deserve a seat at the table, but if you read their section on DNA testing, you'll see that they aren't interested in our constitutional rights.  Offhand, denying a man a DNA test, yet seizing his property(paycheck), comes under the 4th or 14th amendment.  I can't remember.  At least I finally found that assembly bill that Davis vetoed.  AB  2240; The Paternity Justice Act.  He didn't want to lose the money.  It's all about money.

I'd like to see this bill reintroduced, along with some extras such as repayment of any money, and prosecution of someone who knowingly commits paternity fraud.  Unfortunately Ahhhnold is too busy kissing illegal butts these days, so I don't think it will be reintroduced any time soon.

Maybe someone here is a registered member of MND, and can submit the info.  It should get as much attention as possible, especially considering that our tax dollars are paying for this.