Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New & Need Help with Custody Issues in Georgia

Started by hotforjimmy, Feb 07, 2004, 05:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotforjimmy

Isn't that funny because the first time around we had an attorney from another county and she was afraid of the judge. So this time we went with someone in county and when we met with him I thought he was great. He sounded like he was going to really put his foot down, and he did at our first hearing and when the judge didn't listen to a word he said, when we left the courthouse he said I see what you mean she doesn't like you! We have already laid out $1200.00 to this attorney and it is non refundable. We are a family of 6 and just don't have the means to hire another one. So I guess at this point we hope for the best. He said the judge "could" reverse custody. I don't think she will, but just him throwing that out there has us scared to death! We are trying to hire a PI to watch on the w/e's BM has child. She has already broken the temp. order this last weekend. We will see. If , God forbid, she reverses the custody I will move mountains to get to the Supreme Court, and I have already found the Judicial Committee that I can file a formal complaint with about this Judge!

hotforjimmy

>I tried desperately to retain representation that was as
>focused on the children as I was and not focused on money.  
>
>Thanks for the input. We are focused on the child, but we also have 3 other children in our home and money is an issue because our family must have a home, food etc.... My husband is blue collar and work has been very slow so income has been very little. The money we already gave this guy was all we had in savings. He said it was non refundable so maybe pro se would work. Right now we are pushing for mediation and the child starts therapy next week. I hate being focused on Money, but that is a problem in our home. We can support our family, but don't have anything left. We were stupid, we never thought the BM would get us back in court. She didn't pay for her attorney, mommy & daddy did! My husband would sell his soul to keep his little girl safe, but we sold it the first time around. I have read alot of what everyone has gone through and realized we messed up the first time around when we didn't push our attorney and GAL to ask for supervised visits and drug testing. Hindsight is 20/20 and we did get a temp. order signed last week saying she could expose the child to the ex-boyfriend that beat her. Of course it dodn't matter because that is where she spent the weekend. But if we hold the child we are the bad guys. Just seems that no matter what we do the Judge will just be angry.