Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kitten -- I'll ask my question again. . . .

Started by tigger, Sep 16, 2004, 06:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigger

Did you post the e-mail of Will's ex-wife on this board down below?  Is that fair to her?  Was that your right to do so?
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

kitten

>Did you post the e-mail of Will's ex-wife on this board down
>below?  Is that fair to her?  Was that your right to do so?

No, it is not my right to do so and today I regret it.  Yesterday was very stressful and I was very angry.  Now that I can think a little more rationally, I realize that was not a good thing to do.  

joni

we've all been there Kitten and have done stupid things we regret when in a highly emotionally charged situation.....like your kids moving 3000 miles away.

wendl

we all do and say stupid things when we are stressed.

You and Will will get thru this crap.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

MYSONSDAD

You both have been thru a lot. Stress effects everyone differently and you are really standing by your man. I can not imagine what you are all going thru.

Having any kids move so far would be devasting to anyone. Let's hope the court sees it that way too.

Before folks jump the gun, they should walk a step in your shoes.

When you are over this situation and have a year to listen, I will tell you about MY stupid mistakes. Some are real winners, but I am only human. Just like you!

"Children Learn What they Live"

kitten

Thanks again.  We just want this all to end.  We go through each day wondering what the next phone call from his oldest son will bring.  What she will do the next time he picks them up for visitation.  When he will be served with more rediculous accusations.  When nothing happens for a couple of days, I know it's because she is plotting something.  

MYSONSDAD

Everyday is like a soap opera. Never knowing what to expect. All I can do is take the high road, pick up my son for my visitation, aweful word ,  walk away.

Stress can be overpowering at times. We all have been thru it more times then not...

She is probably lurking here and checking on what is being said. I hope she shows herself. Would love to ask her what the feelings would be if the situation were reversed.

If she takes those kids, they will end up hating her. Their opinion will someday matter. And she will pay an awfully high price.

Some parents just don't get it.

What goes around, comes around. Her day will come.

"Children learn what they live"

catherine

I tried, but I can't let this go...

"Before folks jump the gun, they should walk a step in your shoes."

Do you think we haven't?  Why the heck are we on this site then?

kitten

He was just trying to make me feel better after I allowed myself to sink to "her" level.

MYSONSDAD

"Before folks jump the gun, they should walk a step in your shoes."

I am sure a few here would not agree that this was a good idea to post the ex's e-mail address. I personally, do not like passing judgement if I am not in the same situation and under the stress factors involved. Kitten also apoligized for doing this. It took a bigger person to do that.

Maybe you missed her story. Her boyfriend's ex is trying to relocate their 3 minor children to Alaska. I forget the ages, but I think the youngest is only 3.

The distance does not bother me as much as what is best for those kids.
Many children live out of State of the NCP. Travel back and forth and it works out fine.

What does bother me are the reasons behind it.

I would be concerned for daily basic necessities, like medical, educational, running water, electricity and heat. I beleive it was mentioned the nearest hospital was 149 miles away. The average winter temp is -11.

An ex who just remarried. And to a man who has been married 3 times prior. He wants to move back there because of his two daughters, who are actually adults. It would be easier for them to travel then those 3 minor children. This move would also affect the family unit the children feel secure with where they are now. What about their friends and school?

There are many CP's that use moving away as punishment. In this case, the ex is thinking of herself and her needs and that is not what it is all about.

"Do you think we haven't? Why the heck are we on this site then?"

Are you a CP or NCP? You are not familiar to me. Do your children also live far from you?