Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 15, 2024, 09:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

One of the Club

Started by NoNicky, Feb 09, 2004, 09:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNicky

A child that won't eat hot dogs?!  :-)

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

NoNicky

omg and if one more person tries to shove a zuchinni down my throat!  LOL  I don't care how you prepare the stuff I still don't like it.  That and spaghetti squash...takes like real spaghetti... sure it does.  And my cats leave sculptures in the litter box, not turds.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

Kitty C.

We lived on a farm when I was a kid and we had a LOT of meat (beef, pork, and chicken).  Whenever my mother made this special rice pudding-type of dish (a FAV of mine), I KNEW she was making liver!!  i asked her once why she made that specific rice dish and she told me that she just wanted to make something that I liked to make up for the liver and I told her that she's just letting the cat out of the bag, LOL!

My taste buds and nose are VERY closely linked and I cannot eat anything that stinks when it's cooking, like spinach, and cooked cabbage.  Talk about stinking up a house!

Oh, and the spinach??  My mom was the only one who would eat it.  Since Dad didn't like it either, he didn't make us kids eat it, LOL!  But it looked like that green algae-like crap that floated on the top of the cattle tank (actually came from the cows, but you don't want to know where!).  So whenever Mom made it for herself, we'd tease her about 'cleaning off the cattle tank', LOL!!!!!!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

Actually I found a way to disguise zuchinni.  boil it slightly, then mix it in with canned, seasoned tomatoes.  It goes pretty good with mashed potatoes.  I also slipped it into spaghetti sauce, and lasagna.  Yes I was foolish and grew a couple of zuchinni plants many years ago.  

I've never eaten spaghetti squash, but I like butternut squash.  You can make it taste like pumpkin pie and serve it with pork chops! Actually most of the kids like it.  Nothing will ever take the place of carbohydrates to feed a hungry family!

NoNicky

Apparently I was not one of the majority then.  I do not eat squash of any kind including zuchinni!  Not in any form.  blech!

NoNicky

StPaulieGirl

Gma makes no attempt to get him to even try new foods. He will say he hates a certain thing and it is let go at that. When you question him you find out it's not necessarily that he hates it, it's that he's never tried it in the first place to form an opinion. His mother's idea of good nutrition is to open a can of spaghettios and eat them straight from the can.

[p]Oh I see the problem now.  I keep Chef Boy Ardee ravioli around.   I know, make a vegetable puree!  Freeze portions, then add them to the spaghettios!  Can you get away with that?  If you leave the can on the counter, the kid might not catch on.  You have older kids, so you know how sneaky you have to be.  That's like letting them eat nachos for dinner.  Beans, cheese, tomatoes(my kids won't go for them or olives), is basically decent.  

I miss Bill Cosby and his common sense :-(

StPaulieGirl

Oh you're mom is a sweetheart!  At least she knew the liver was detestible!

My mom made boiled spinach once or twice, but gave up.  Even she couldn't eat it.  I did adapt a Greek recipe calling for blanched spinach, cheeses and noodles.  It's pretty good.  Understand that the spinach is cooked for like 20 seconds, then combined with jack, cottage, and queso fresco, spices, and beaten eggs.  The kids don't like that either, but.....I bet my son in law would like it :-)  Mmmm, I think I want to make that this weekend!

Let's face it.  Boiled anything is just plain gross!

Davy

Could ya'll kindly and respectivefully move your club from the father's issue board ...don't ya think enough is enough ....geesh....purdy please !

msme

in Texas, the reason you lock your car at church, on Sunday. If you don't, you will find the back seat full.

sweetnsad

Umm, Davy..the topic is serious...I mean, c'mon...being charged with abuse for making your kids eat peas...Gack!  If you can actually charge another human being for making your kids eat healthy, what the heck has the world come to???  Pretty soon we won't be able to make our kids brush their teeth...
Anyway, Davy, what's the difference if it's posted here or on another board???  Sometimes we all need to hear a story that is absolutely ridiculous, to poke fun at.  It makes some of us forget our own problems...NoNicky, not that your story is "ridiculous"...the situation is  downright ludicrous.  That woman is a freak...Arrrgggghhhh!