Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Using SPARC's Shared Parenting Agreement page for

Started by briankidd, Jan 26, 2005, 01:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briankidd

Can someone tell me how to use the SPARC Shared Parenting Agreement page? If I adapt it to my needs, and get my daughter's mom to agree, can I notarize it and hand it to the courts to turn it into a court order? I already filed for Shared Custody and am trying to avoid ridiculous lawyer fees if the mother chooses not to fight me about this. The agreement on the SPARC website is perfect for us. Can I do this without an expensive attorney ?

ER

>Can someone tell me how to use the SPARC Shared Parenting
>Agreement page? If I adapt it to my needs, and get my
>daughter's mom to agree, can I notarize it and hand it to the
>courts to turn it into a court order? I already filed for
>Shared Custody and am trying to avoid ridiculous lawyer fees
>if the mother chooses not to fight me about this. The
>agreement on the SPARC website is perfect for us. Can I do
>this without an expensive attorney ?

I would be careful as to what state you are located in. Look up your state's revised code on custody and then go from there with the SPARC plan. I used it for my custody and my attornet threw out most of it citing that a judge would be upset as well as my ex's lawyer at what it entails. Not that the plan is bad, just you need to make sure the things stated agree with your states guidlines. You will need to check with an attorney regardless. Sorry, I spent much money as well and not matter what it comes down to the judges and the attorneys inyour community.

briankidd

I can't afford an attorney. I had to give my daughter's mom child support so that she would give me shared physical custody. Now my daughter will not allow her mom to push me around.  I know I can get her mom to agree to shared parenting agreement, but I can't afford all these lawyers.  Can someone offer advice for Pennsylvania ?

wendl

Contact the clerk of the courts that your case is in.

In my state/county I recently moved, my ex and I agreed to a new parenting plan (no attorneys involved) the clerk at our court said we could both sign the new order, then take it into the judge/commissioner on the days they hear ex parte and the judge/commissioner then signed the order. Done.

It depends on the state and court in your area. Also if I were you after you have the agreed parenting plan signed by the judge, then do the cs thru the courts so the monies you have been giving your ex are not counted as merely gifts to her.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**