S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Her Attorney Wants to "Talk" to Me  (Read 1345 times)

Stephens Dad

  • Guest
Her Attorney Wants to "Talk" to Me
« on: Mar 01, 2004, 11:40:02 PM »
Long story short: I'm representing myself as we modify visitation.  I've been going back and forth with her attorney not making much progress (mostly due to her making accusations about me).  In my last letter, I did mention that court and another background investigation and/or evaluation may be necessary to disprove her accusations.

Today, I received a fax from her attorney worded in a "nice way" wanting me to call and make an appointment to speak with her.  My feelings are that I may have the upper hand at this point.

My first reaction is to fax her back suggesting what times I'd be available for her to call me, but I wanted to get some suggestions from everyone on why all of a sudden does she want to talk to me.

What kinds of attorney tricks could she be up to?

Should I have her call me instead of me calling her?

Should I be open to resolution over the phone?

Any input would be great.

thanks!

john


StPaulieGirl

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 982
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Repost this to Socrateaser's board ASAP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2004, 12:26:02 AM »
This is too important!  Soc asks that we number the questions after a brief outline of the situation.  All you have to do is copy and paste your post, then go and number your 3 questions.

From what I've learned about lawyers....probate included...the more I think they sell their souls to Satan.  Sorry, having a probate "moment".

Peanutsdad

  • Guest
RE: Her Attorney Wants to
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2004, 01:10:43 AM »
>Long story short: I'm representing myself as we modify
>visitation.  I've been going back and forth with her attorney
>not making much progress (mostly due to her making accusations
>about me).  In my last letter, I did mention that court and
>another background investigation and/or evaluation may be
>necessary to disprove her accusations.


In that case I would request it for both parties, with cost to be split.
>
>Today, I received a fax from her attorney worded in a "nice
>way" wanting me to call and make an appointment to speak with
>her.  My feelings are that I may have the upper hand at this
>point.


I would simply reply to the attorney,, asking the nature of the meeting...it may be that your ex is running outa funds and the attrny is looking to settle it quick to keep her bill down.
>
>My first reaction is to fax her back suggesting what times I'd
>be available for her to call me, but I wanted to get some
>suggestions from everyone on why all of a sudden does she want
>to talk to me.
>
>What kinds of attorney tricks could she be up to?


Absolutely no idea,, but I would pose it to Soc.
>
>Should I have her call me instead of me calling her?

If she wants to communicate,, she can pick up the phone.
>
>Should I be open to resolution over the phone?


I would not agree to anything over the phone, unless it is clear and accepted by all participants that the call be recorded by all parties to keep the essense of the agreement intact.
>
>Any input would be great.
>
>thanks!
>
>john

Davy

  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1013
  • Karma: -545
    • View Profile
Here Lies a Lawyer and ...
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2004, 09:58:56 AM »
Here Lies a Lawyer and an Honest Man

A woman and her daughter were visiting the grave of a relative. On their way through the cemetery back to the car, the little girl asked, "Mommy, do they ever bury two people in the same grave?"

"Of course not, dear." replied the mother,

"Why would you think that?"

"The tombstone back there said 'Here lies a lawyer and an honest man.'"


Stephens Dad

  • Guest
RE: Repost this to Socrateaser's board ASAP
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2004, 10:14:10 AM »
Thanks for the info, I'll move over to Soc asap

john


 

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.