Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Doing the right thing with no results  (Read 1684 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Doing the right thing with no results
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 12:19:49 PM »
I am so grateful to have found this website. I thought I was in the fight of my life all alone. I have a 9 year old boy and a 7 year old daughter. I pay 594.00 a month for the two and seem to be treated like a step father from a previous marriage. I want to try to get joint custody now that my kids live in maryland. Before that they lived and DC where I was always on the chopping block and nothing I ever said counted towards the best interest of my kids. I hope someone on here will be able to help me. I also want to know how to get a bill or something passed to simplify the financial process of taking care of our responsibilities. I think it is a shame that we have to pay child support , have taxes taken if you are in arrears, drivers license suspended and to top things off the mother in most cases still carry them on there taxes. When do we balance this out and in most cases they want you to carry them on your health insurance . Someone please help me.


  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 256
  • Karma: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Doing the right thing with no results
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »
So where do you live? DC or MD?
Things are a lot easier if you live in the same state (better yet in the same county).
But keep in mind that your custody order has not changed. You can only influence what the court order allows you.
The children are at a very impressionable age. Spend all the time with them you can get. Do not refuse a minute with them. Make sure your time with them is quality time; take them where they want to go, not where you want to go.
In time they will see you for who you really are.



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.