Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dealing with ignorance in a broken legal system .

Started by KnightsThunder1, Feb 25, 2004, 12:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightsThunder1

Thank You Peanutsdad. I read your ordeal. I understand greatly what you went thru. For this family did the same to me in the very begining of my quest to be in my childs life.

In JUne of 1997, I drove to El Paso to meet with a realitor, so I may purchase some land to put a home on. On the way from Albuquerque to El Paso, TX I broke down in Las Cruces, New Mexico. So I was stuck there for a few hours. I had called the realitor telling him of my situation. I did have my father with me. Who was 82 years old with flew blown Alzhiemers.

I finally arrived in Vinton-West way Texas around 3:30 p.m. Its an area just outside El Paso. I met the realitor and his wife and two children. It was on a sunday. We drove around the same area where my ex lived. I just wanted to be close to my child. In the mean time, this family have must of seen my vehicle in the area. Little did I know of they're evil way of thinking.

Within a couple of hours, I had purchased a plot of land. I had all the paper work, and he had my money. I was talking with my new neighbor next door. When all of a sudden I was surrounded by sheriffs, about four units. I thought what the heckgoing on here. They all pulled guns on me, scared the living heck out of me. I quickly threw my hands in the air. They asked me if I was Mr. B. I said yes. I asked whats wrong officer. He told me to turn around with my hands in the air. Continued to say I was under arrest for threatening my ex wife. I told him that was very untrue. I told them to look in my car, in my briefcase. The papers were there to show I had just purchased this plot of land. Also to called the person from the real estate office to verify my story.

They refused too, saying thats a matter for the courts. They asked me if I knew any one who would watch my father. I said no. They said they would drop him off at the resue mission. I begged and pleaded with them to admitt him to the hospital, because he suffered from Alzhiemers. They refuse to saying they did'nt have the time. Every singole person I have come in contact with spoke spanish. So most of the time I didn't even know what they were saying. So here I go off to jail, never being arrested before. Being charged for something I know I didn't do.

So they put my father and I in the squd car. Drove into the city of El Paso. First dropping my father off at this rescue mission. Then they took me, and booked me into the county jail. So for the next 24 hours, I tried calling every bondsman possible. No one would help me, because I was from another state. I never slept one minute. All I could d0o is worry for my father. I knew he would not be all right.

I was right! The next day, a El Paso city policeman came to see me. Pulled me out of the cell. Asked if my fathers name was Mr. B., I said yes, why? He went on to explain that they had found him in the middle of the highway. He went on to say. It appeared he was beat up, and some attempted to set him on fire, starting at the bottom of his pants. I burst into tears. He continued t9o go on to say he was admitted into the general hospital here in El Paso.

Finally 42 hours later, my friends wired the money to a bondsman. I had to pay the full bond, because I lived in another state. I was let out around 5 a.m. I had to take a taxi back to my car. I drove back into the city once I picked my car up. I went to the hospital where they admitted my father. He was in the phyc. ward. The security would not let me go up the elevators to that area. Finally I seen a nurse going into the elevator. The guard had his head turned the other way talking with another person. I just ran into the elevator quickly.

Once up on the floor. I rang the buzzered. A nurse came to the door. She asked me what I needed. I was here to see my father. I took me the next four hours trying to prove he was my father. Eventually they believed me. What a freakin hassle.   Really, I have never in my whole life dealt with such an city full of ignorant and arrogant people. It was true. though, my father legs were burned. His head was pretty messed up as well from the beaten he recieved from some drunks who wanted to steal his belt buckle, because it was made from a very old silver dollar from the 1800's.

I had already been awake close to 90 hours. All I knew, is I wanted out of this freakin city and state. How I got home, I really don't know. For Jesus must have been my driver. for I don't remember the drive. Once home. I took my father to another doctor.

A few days later, I drove back to El Paso, to internal affairs for the sheriffs department. They sent me to thew county attorney, he sent me back to the sheriffs, then that office told me I had to go to the office where I was picked up. It was all freakin BS. No one wanted to take responsibility. Then I come to find out the ex had said I threaten to kill her. I was flabergasted. I have never threatens a persons life, in my life. The report said all the family memebers heard me say that on the phone.

I had no choice but to hire an attorney. I can say the case never went to court. You see I had the reciept from the garage in Las Cruces. Showing a computer read out of the time. It didn't match the same time of the accusations. Also phone records proved to be just as important. It goes to show you, that lies hurt many people. Even ones who are innocent  like my father. Trying to be a good christian. I tried to pray for this family. Yet, I'm human as well, I was angry, hurt, torn apart. For my father did not deserve what happened to him.

So here I am 6 years later, trying to deal with the system here in Texas.  You know the states motto. Being in Texas is like being in a while other country. I tell you what. With the mentallity of this state. Maybe it should be a whole other country. Texas don't deserve to be a state in this country. Or maybe it should be broken into three parts. The laws and the attitude here really sucks.

I have never felt predijuice in my life until I started dealing with a system which is run by people of non whites. Seriously! I don't like that feeling. Its not how I was raised. But when every body you speak with as an offical, and they all try to talk to you in spanish. How would you feel?

Peanutsdad

LOL, Well hoss, since I'm IN texas,, as are several others here,, we can tell you from experience,, it aint just Texas.

Believe it or not, Texas is more father friendly than many of the states. Texas has a higher percent of fathers awarded primary  than many states.

You just screwed up and went directly to the asshole of Texas. Most of us know better than try to live as a caucasian near the border towns. Best to know spanish, or at least texmex, be enamoured with the hispanic way of life and for damn sure, dont cause waves.

Quite simply, since the US has no OFFICIAL language,, the predominent language of an area is primarily what you will hear.

You think dealing with spanish is bad? Try dealing with a merchant who only speaks mandarin!! ;)

StPaulieGirl

You have truly been through hell.  My mom passed away in September.  She had Alzheimer's and dementia.  What those monsters did to your dad made me cry.  People should have been held accountable for what happened to your father, and also to you.  The "system" talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk, if you know what I mean.  There isn't any accountablility anymore.  

I don't have any answers for you about your situation with your son.  I live in CA, and basically if you don't speak or understand at least a little Spanish, then you're at a disadvantage.  It's only going to get worse, if the "amnesty/guest worker" proposal gets passed.  Many of us share your frustrations with this issue.

KnightsThunder1

Hi !
   Thank you for your concern. I do appreciate it very much. I have only lived here for one year now. But yes you are right. If they pass that law for mexicans to come here to work. Then you will see turnmoil become even worse in our country. Our government tries to make the american public believe that the jobs the mexicans take are the jobs american won't take. And that is plain bullshit. For when I was a teenager, I worked in the orchards, and fields. It was fun, and an experience for me in the summers. So they can't make me believe that americans won't work at these jobs. If they are given the chance, I'm sure many american youths would be glad to work at these jobs. I never invited these people to come here, and I don't know of any one that has. Except those who want to exploit them with cheap wages and no benifits. So they can line there pockets with more money. Corp. America has ruin this country, and the government is there pawns. I only touched on what I have been thru. If you only knew the whole story. Again, I thank you for your concern.

StPaulieGirl

It's called "George what the hell were you thinking". It was basically a rant about this.  I don't know what the heck is going on.  My kids compete with people who have college degrees and resumes for McJobs.  My 29 yr old cousin has been out of work and living with his mom for 2 yrs.  Thank God he doesn't have a family to support.

Our country was founded on immigration.  Okay, speaking of immigration, why are the Cubans turned back and not people from south of the border?  The Cubans are seeking asylum from a communist dictator.  Why can't we give them amnesty?  I'm for legal immigration, when we can take care of our citizens first.

This will have dire consequences for all of us.  The jobs that Americans won't do is an illusion.  Kids used to do those jobs.  They bought cars and saved for college doing those jobs. You cannot support yourself, nevermind a family on minumum wage.  Employers are shipping our living wage jobs out of the country, so what makes you think they won't gut the payscale on the remaining jobs?  A job that should pay 15 dollars an hour will go to 6.  The American worker is going to tell them to go to hell, but a guest worker will jump at it.  After all when you have 10 people living in a one bedroom apt, and they're all making 6 bucks an hour, they can afford to take that wage.  Our kids are going to be screwed.

The illegals need to go back home and address the economic problems in their own country.  There is a lot more about this issue.  Our borders have been breached by the Federales and the Mexican Army on several occasions.  

Peanutsdad

Actually Tom,

Most kids today dont WANT to work. THAT ethic was last generation,, today it seems most kids want the car, the clothes and all the free time, but dont want to work to get em.

As far as lettin kids work the fields as I did in my youth,, havent you heard of child labor?? man they come down HARD.

indigo_twillight

Hello There Thomas-

I am not sure what to say or even where to start either. For you see, my name is Kerriann, and my boyfriend and I have been dealing with ignorant, horrific, decieving people for the past three years.  We have only been together three years, but his ex in-laws have decided  to stop at nothing to ruin the relationship he has with his three year old daughter.  Coming from a person on the outside, and hurting as much as I do for a child who not of my flesh and blood I can only imagine how you are feeling.  I assume much like my boyfriend.  I can tell you stories that will let you know, that you are not alone.  As you I sit here on the verge of tears for not knowing what to do, who to tell, who to TRUST, and where we are going to get the next thousands of dollars to keep fighting.  If it were not for his parents I am not sure what we would be doing.  We have been through the false abuse allegations, ( in TWO different counties).  We have had( myself included) interview after interview with CPS workers who seem to think their time is so much more important then the the rest of the worlds.  My boyfriend has been chased off of jobs, recieved a bouqet of black ballons stating " Over the Hill" for fathers day.  Horrible invitations to his daughters bday parties- phone calls for his ex- mother inlaw in at all hours of the night.  Physically assaulted for his ex- father in-law. Not allowed to have his daughter- time after time after time. Even this weekend was yet another incident where his ex has used his daughter against him.  Yet as all this has been happening, his ex has broken every single court ordered decree under the sun, not agreed to sign court orders that she has already agreed upon at the court house.  She still continues to think that she is the victim in the whole ordeal.  She has even moved on and married ( after only knowing the man for 3 MONTHS)  Is this helathy for the child? Where do I stop??  I dont!! My boyfriend can not get a job thanks to them, due to the fact that his background check has "Assault against a minor"  Court case PENDING.

How long can we take this crap!  

I will tell you how long we will take this.  This child it not even mine, and yet I will fight till the day I am cold and dead.  Regardless of the fact I am not her mother.   I will fight because I am the offspring of a early parent divorce where my mother hated my father, and I know what it is to grow up without a father around.  But now, NOW my mother has no control over me.  I love her to death, and will always be there for her, but yet I am a daddy's girl-  and SO ARE my oldest brothers.  It just took time and patience from my father.  We even live here in Dallas, and my father who is re-married in California, with his new family, who we love to death. But my mom, will always be her.  Its only a matter of time before these children are old enough to turn against the the mentally challenged hand that feeds them!  I have purchase many things that I keep close to me at all times to help me make it through these trials.  I wear a ring on my right thumb that is engraved with "Hope" and for my left, "True Love Waits."  For you see these are two things that I have for this little girl.  I will not give up on her, as the same for you. I know that you will not give up on your son.  We are the lilght at the end of their tunnels.  For you seen when they finally are old enough to realize the truth they need a place to run to!  Mark my words. it might be today, tommorrow, or next year, but it will be.  I promise you that.  I may not know you, but I know your pain, and that makes us all the closer.  I am not a really religious person, but I do consider myself to be a spiritual person, and I will include you in my prayers.   For I know that your son needs you, as does our Carlee!  Thank you for reading this since I am new to this, but tired of not knowing what to do.

You are in my prayers
Kerriann