Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:41:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A returning "oldie"

Started by speciallady, Aug 02, 2009, 09:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speciallady

Hi all! I used to be oneandonly and still read here but our whole court stuff ended last year at this time. "Waves" to everyone!
Oh boy so much has happened and I am checking in and sharing to give hope to others...
My husbands twins are now 21--boy (man) just got out of the army and is living with us in Vegas. Girl (woman) is still in army but getting out soon.
Immediatly upon graduation, both kids left their mothers and joined the army. Dad was and is quite proud since it seems so many youths have no direction at that age. Both served in Iraq. Both are in the states now safe and sound.
The boy (man) got out and chose to live with us. I'll say from an observers standpoint, the minute they both left their mothers, communication went through the roof! Dad and son have built this bond I always knew would happen if there was NO interference. Hes been here over three weeks now and I am just amazed at how much he is like his dad! They are true friends and companions.
My husband and myself were looking through some old papers to find something for our car and there were all the old court papers. Son asked to see them--now mind you, the entire 12 years I've known my husband and been around his children, never ever ever once were court papers or negative things shared with them. He read them and commented that he never knew his dad was so involved (or tried to be) that whole time. He was surprised we had his school records and reflected on some memories during that time.
Currently the father/daughter relationship is not the best but they still talk once in a while. She's shown some characteristics of her mother which my husband ignores. I have an issue with her as I paid a debt for her last year and she has yet to acknowledge or pay back. She's an adult now and should be held accountable. Never a thank you either.

Son is going to visit his mother soon and then back here. I've lined a job up for him via some connections I have.  His mother is working on husband #5 (maybe 4 as we're not sure if she married #2...). She still stalks me on the net. I am sure this arrangement with son is not to her liking but her area is suffering more economically than we are.  I was driving to the store with son the other day and she called him--asked who he was with (what does that matter?) and he said me..she said some snotty things and he rolled his eyes. Let it go already!

SO, it can happen--a light so bright at the end of the tunnel that it blinds you! We are living in it now and I could cry every day at the happiness I see in both their eyes!
Always keep the faith!

Kitty C.

It's great to hear from you O&O!!!!!!!!!!!  And FANTASTIC to hear of the renewed relationships you and your DH have with the twins!  Obviously your SS realizes just how warped his BM is and thankfully is capable of letting her BS roll off his back.  For your enitre family's sake, I hope and pray that your SD manages to reach that point as well................at least it sounds like she is on her way there.  Give her a chance to finish her obligation with the Army and then she can devote more time to strengthening those relationships.........and I would not be a bit surprised if your SS 'helps' her with that!

Glad to see you back! 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

4honor

So glad to hear you reached the end of it all. We too have reached the end of it with BM. SS and DH maintain a good relationship, though SS dropped out of HS the last 2 weeks of his Senior year. No more CS and SS is of his majority now, so BM is out of the picture. She interfered to the last and then kicked SS out about 10 days after school let out (no telling what actually went on, as there has not been a word of truth come out of BM's house in 10 years.)

Found out CSE had not received a payment years ago, but when asked to go back and double check they found a partial payment they took out of DH's unemployment 6 years ago and credited that. The last payment was partial and there is a question whether BM is entitled to it at all, as SS was no longer enrolled in school just prior to June 1 (so no June payment due).

SS served in Iraq and is now (as of today) back in the states and outprocessing back to civilian status. He should be home in about a week. I can't wait!
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.