Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:01:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Her Lawyer sent me a response

Started by Dadto4, Aug 05, 2009, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadto4

A few things I did notice. That he didn`t even notice that through the court it was converted from a dissolution of marriage to paternity and temp custody orders, even though it was stated on the courts website. He is a former judge. Since we are already divorced and I have custody of my oldest child, this is something that he is totally unaware of. Also he don`t know that there are charges pending against her at the PA office. I wonder what he is going to do when he finds out the truth. And man is she asking for everything under the sun.

ocean

Do you know where she is now? Now that she had a lawyer on file, cant they find her that way?

Dadto4

Patience nothing like it. I know it sucks but I have to stick to my guns on how this has to be done.

Dadto4

They are asking for part of my retirement. Spousal support at $500 a month for 6 months then $350 for 5 years. Asking for supervised vistation and for me to go to counseling and anger management. And for me to pay for her attorney. I think I am going to give them a rebutal of I want child support that is backdated to 2001, her to go to a phsyc eval. supervised vistation for what she has done.

Kitty C.

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here..........the very 1st Xmas DH and I were together, BM put her own twist on things.  That year, DH was to have SS on Xmas morning and for the next 2 days.......Xmas was on a Thurs. that year, so that meant DH would take him back Sat. evening.  But when DH picked SS up Xmas morn., BM demanded that DH bring SS back that night or she'd call the cops on him.  It wigged DH out, but I convinced him to let me call the sheriff's office and found out a deputy friend of mine was on duty.  I explained the situation, read him the order, and told him we interpreted it to mean SS goes back on Sat.........he said that's how it sounds to him, too.  But I told him she would be calling if SS wasn't back by 7 pm., and he said 'Let her....all I can tell her is she has to take it up with her atty.'  Which is exactly what happened and we kept SS until Sat. night.

So a week later, DH gets a letter from an atty. BM hired threatening court action and the letter was so full of holes, you could have driven a truck through it.  It was obvious that the atty. was going soley on what BM told him and never read the order.  DH freaked out, but I told him I would help him compose a letter that would put a halt on it.  We included excerpts from the order, explained exactly how the holiday weekend had evolved, and finished with 'I highly recommend that you read the order, check the court file, and discuss this thoroughly with your client before you take this action any further.'  Never heard another word from the guy.

From your first post, it almost sounds like the same thing is going on here, tho it surprises me that an atty. would take BM's word alone in regards to what's going on and not corroborate that with the actual court order.  But stranger things have happened.  Because it sounds like this atty. certainly doesn't have all the information or his response would have been totally different.  But then again, if BM told him the truth, he might have laughed her right out of his office, too!  Don't worry.....if he doesn't know yet, he will shortly.   If you are pro se, you have every right to send off a letter to him, setting the record straight and pointing him in the direction for the correct information.  Once he finds out, I think things will change drastically.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......