Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 06:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Relocation issues

Started by Lando, Aug 15, 2009, 10:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lando

Hello,

My ex decided to she wants to move to MA in 10 days however our current parenting plan says she has to do it according to the Florida Relocation statue. She still has yet to file that form. Even though I do not want my daughter to move I decided to not stop the relocation but the parenting plan has to be changed and she does not understand that. Even though our current plan we have joint decision making custody and I get my child 3 days a week along with holidays she wants to just cut me off. She thinks I'm the one trying to change the parentlying plan even though she is leaveing the state. I need help. I thought we could come to an agreement on the parentlying plan but it's not working. How can I make sure I get the visitation my daughter and I need to maintain our close relationship? Any advise would be apprciated. Also is it true in Florida if we can not agree there is a set Parentling plan they use?

Thanks for any advise you can give me.

armycoppertop

I would recommend you file a motion in court to stop her from moving, otherwise she is going to move and you are going to have a fight on your hands to get the visitation schedule changed. Make the modification a condition to agreeing to allow the move.

Davy

Go all out to prevent your child from being relocated.  Your ex can move if she likes but should leave the child at HOME with you.  She can have the burden of traveling rather than the child and you.  Once she relocates with the child the problems she creates usually escalates dramatically.  Statically, fathers usually encourage a relationship with the other parent.  On the other hand, some mothers seek to disenfranchise the father throwing the child into a dizzy.

Bulldog99

I just won custody of my kids becouse my X was going to move out of state. You need to fight her move with everything that you have. She is free to move but the kids stay with dad. Get a good custody lawyer and file for change of custody like today!!!! Dont become a post card dad!!!! If nothing else fight for your right to be a father to your kids.