Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DENIAL OF CONTACT BY CHILD'S SIBLING

Started by blh1013, Aug 26, 2009, 05:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blh1013

Wondering if anyone has any good ideas on this one for us- we did file contempt charges for denial of visitation for entire summer of 2008 and 2009 last week against mom denying court order (previous question posted here). Last week, we went to the 6th grade orientation before school started as both parents are given rights per decree to participate in school events-- when mom saw us there, she made the child sit in the car the entire time while she came in picked up the schedule, listened to the 1 hr. speech/questions, with her older son (age 20, the son who sexually abused my husband's son and was incaracerated for it, was released last Dec, we not sure if they supposed to live together llike they are but we can't get info) coming in and out playing bodyguard. As soon as the children were asked to leave to take the tour they left the school.

My husband and I have provide to the counselor at school a copy of a calendar with our personal info, dates of when the child is supposed to be with us, and informed to contact us for anything the counselor feels necessary. We were provided with a copy of the child's schedule adn found it amusing that mom's personal info was on the bottom- the home adress (city and zip) was incorrect, the home number listed was disconnected in June, and the work number given she left in May. Of course we are going to make no attempt to correct it as we see mom is an adult and she has the schedule (she picked it up on thurs) so she can fix it if she wants.

Today, as my husband was leaving, he saw his son standing on his corner waiting for the bus stop (we live one street, a total of 6 homes away). The son, age 12 1/2, came over ot dad and began rambling words-- I missed you, I wasnted to come over but Mom and Chris ( the older bro) wouldn't let me...when the older brother came out verbally abusing my husband-- get away from him- you have no right to speak to him- it's not your time- you'll see him tonight (he's supposed to be with us for dinner from 6-8)- don't think of picking him up at school or my mothe will have you arrested for kidnapping...etc my husband told him more or less to back off or he would call the police and left so that his son wouldn't feel uncomfortable once again.

can anyone think of anything we can do legally to ban christopher denying us speaking to the child in public. we don't have a lawyer (and aren't going to get one) make to much for pro bono, but this kind of crap is frustrating. we don't want to get hit with slander/defamation of character if we bring up chris sexually abuused the brother and a child sex offender is on the bus stop, at school, etc. becasue we are not allowed to see the files and are told the case is closed? what next?

Giggles

If he has to register as a sex offender...he should be listed in here:

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/Conditions.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 (http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/Conditions.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1)

You might even find some helpful information here:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/programs/victimservices.htm (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/programs/victimservices.htm)

Also, remind your SS that if he is uncomfortable being around the abuser, he has a right to speak up!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

blh1013

the son /my ss has a lot of guilt over being abused- he (in the times we've had him in counseling) has said that it's his fault his older brother 'went away' and his family isn't together and he wishes he could get them back together like he did before (my hub and his ex reunited for a short period, about 4 months, then the abuse occured). the abuser does not have to register as n offender because he was a juvenile and supposedly completed all treatment ordered. when we found out that they were all living together (in a two bedroom place) we filed a protection order and the judge said he can't remove the child on assumptions- he had to wait for something to actually happen.