Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

how to contact media with a story?

Started by athlete499, Oct 07, 2009, 02:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athlete499

has anyone brought their issues to the attention of the media?   I know some reporters like to expose corruption and judicial unfairness.   I have seen some horrible things in my friend's divorce case, to the point that even the judge violates the law.   it has got to get out.  we need to expose these people. 

anyone got any advice.  anyone already got a project going on this?

gemini3

Family courtrooms are closed so typically the media won't report on anything because they can only get one, partial side to the story.

My recommendation is for your friend to request a court reporter to record all of his hearings.  If you have a rogue judge this might get them to pay a little more attention to their "p's and q's".  Your friend will have to pay for the recording. 

If the judge violated the law, then your friend should request an appeal of the decision.

MomofTwo

Maybe your friend does not want their personal business exposed like that.  Divorce is hard enough without being made a news story.

FatherTime

All of the media outlets have email addresses on their individual websites and you can contact them at their respective email accounts.   

Don't get your hopes up if one or two do contact you and they even decide to run a story.  Your not dealing with a poor single mother, DV regarding the innocent mother, or running for political office.

Our apathetic society has the attention span of kid in a candy store.  You can try and get their attention, but their favorite show is on in 30 minutes and they still need to get their soda, popcorn, bon bons, and check out their facebook wall.   

I have a project of sorts going on right now.  I am preparing a concert for the saturday before father's day.  The music list is at my site:  http://www.geopics.net/fathertime (http://www.geopics.net/fathertime)

Just some advice from experience.

Good Luck.

It's...

FatherTime

p.s. My karma registers a negative 3.  I don't know what that exactly means, but I like it.  Hopefully it's just the trolls.   I don't really care though.   Wow.  I just noticed on the issue of karma on this site, Davy, who gives a lot of great advice on pro father issues is -359.  He's got me beat.

Kitty C.

Sorry to burst your bubble, FT...........I just changed the odds.  Personally, I think the only reason why your numbers aren't through the roof is because you're not here as often as some of us 'happy fingers' are! 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gemini3

lol - my karma dropped 18 points in the last two days. 

Kitty C.

Well, I certainly don't agree with that! 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gemini3