Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Is this to much for change of custody form? Need insight  (Read 1657 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 31
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Is this to much for change of custody form? Need insight
« on: Dec 12, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
Change of custody is warranted at this time, as mother is moving out of the state to be with her new husband who resides in New York.  It would be detrimental for the child to loose the current relationship with his father as his father is now and has always has been a part of the child’s life.  Father will encourage contact with mother with very reasonable visitation as well as having access to extended family members on both sides. Father feels it would be in the best interest of the child to stay in Florida with his father as he will be able to have continual contact with the same family members, friends and extra curricular activities in a place he has grown up his whole life.

Mother is leaving our home state of Florida to live with her new husband in New York where there is no family, friends or transfer of employment.  The relationship of child and his new step-father is very new and mother is putting that relationship before the needs of our child; such as stability and time with his father.

If relocation is granted the feasibility of preserving the relationship between the father and child through substitute arrangements that take into consideration the logistics of contact, access, and time-sharing; the likelihood of compliance with the substitute arrangements by the mother once she is out of the jurisdiction of the court is highly unlikely due to mother’s non-compliance with the current order.  It is of great consequence, because it shows that she is likely to violate the order once she relocates.

I'll take any advise (as always)



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.