Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 02:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Holiday contact??

Started by NYParent, Nov 19, 2009, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.  Of course I'm not shocked - because after a few years of this nothing's shocking anymore. 

Hopefully the court will see through this and take into account that she is not willing or able to support your child's relationship with you.  I think it's awesome that you have it documented in writing.

We've been through the phone call thing too.  Now it's in the order.  Of course, psycho still doesn't allow phone calls on occaision (like when she's mad at my husband for some imagined slight).  It's always all about them.

Davy

No one should be shocked ... there's a lot of real estate between the monster dad and his child that necessitates the video conference in the first place.  Hence the term "parental kidnapping" and the evidence continues to mount. 

I feel certain monster dad will naturally be all peas and carrots for the conference but my hope is that, for the sake of the child, the mother/MIL don't use the occassion as a forum to demonstrate their obnoxious behavior.

Moreover, I hope the courts don't use this occassion to establish a status quo considering this is normal and it works for everybody.  It is not and it doesn't.   Especially the child.

Thanks NYP for keeping us posted !!

NYParent

I wanted to share with everyone that I just saw/talked to DD.  It was great.  She looks so big!!!!  She told me a few times that she "really missed" me and loved me very much. 

I think it's horrible that BM hears something like that and it still doesn't click that withholding communication is not good for her.  Everything went well with the conversation.....BM nor third party (if there was even one) did not get involved at all. 

But anyway, wanted to share some good new with everyone.

Kitty C.

Way to go, NYP!  It's at least a step in the right direction!  And considering how open your DD was with her feelings, it doesn't sound like the BM was there at all, as I would think your DD would be intimidated to show you any affection at all if she were present.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gemini3

That's awesome.  I am so glad that you got to talk to each other!!

It just breaks my heart that a child should have to go without one of their parents because of the willful intent of another, or that anyone would be deprived of a relationship as primary as that between a parent and their children.  It's so wrong, and it's so heartbreaking.  I am so happy that your daughter got to see you and talk to you, and that she knows her Daddy loves her.