Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:26:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

making CPS complaint

Started by civilwar1, Dec 28, 2009, 04:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

civilwar1

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed and what to expect if I make a CPS notification of emotional/psychological abuse of my 6yo daughter.

Poor child pulled out her all her eyelashes and incontinence anxiety/abdominal pains prevent her going anywhere or doing anything without knowing where the toilet is. I have seen a disturbing personality change over 2 years. It is my concern that child is enmeshed in her Mother's fear, secrecy & distrust.

The Mother conceals our child's circumstances refusing to disclose where they live, for their survival in her mind, or who is living in the home. The family report identified significant mental health problems including axis type1 depression, elevated persecutory ideas, agoraphobic symptoms, etc. Her adult daughters have secretly moved in, I don't know who is actually caring for the child.

The child's psychosomatic problems started in June. The Mother advised me via a "we have to try much, much harder... more love is the answer, etc"email. I thought involving CPS might exacerbate the problems. There was an appeal hearing scheduled for July bumped to October. I organised a medical referral to a child psychologist. The Mother objected then agreed to treatment a week before hearing.

We have CO that child lives with mother 9/5 with joint legal in KY. Judge rejected three family reports recommending equal time.

The appeal court didn't allow me to present further evidence of the child's circumstances. The appeal will succeed. Judgement might not be published for months. Mother asked for retrial.

Since the hearing, the mother secretly recorded the parent-psychologist meeting. I informed the psychologist of the Mother's paranoia. Psychologist no longer needs to treat child. Her initial diagnosis of symptoms was possible ASD triggered by school and child's circumstances. I think psych has been nobbled.

Most recent school report notes a reduction in the child's anxiety level. It never mentioned the eyelashes at any time despite my questioning of the prep teacher. The Mother would not consent to school completing psychologist questionnaire.

I suspect the Mother also secretly recorded the next dental appointment. She overdosed child on Fluoride causing the enamel not to form properly on child's teeth – ironic considering her drug phobia which had her neighbour's house searched by police three times for drug trafficking without any charges. I mentioned child grinds her teeth so loudly it kept me awake the Mother retaliated with false accusation that I must sleep with child to hear this. This lack of insight and empathy for our child's needs indicates to me a deteriorating mental health and her intent to escalate strategic conflict regardless of our child.

I have tried to get along for our child's sake. I have waited for the court to sort things out but this process is so manipulated and prolonged that it places the child and her Mother at risk.

ocean

If you have joint legal , you can sign things for the school and bring child to dr's or appointments when child is with you.
CPS "might" take the case. You are in the middle of a child custody trial and they may just say you did it to get the upper hand. Can you go to the school nurse and their psychologist and have them see child. They are mandated reporters and if they see anything even without solid proof, they MUST call.

Find another psychologist, interview them first, see if they are willing to treat daughter and see if you like them. Make appointments on your time. The psychologist also is a mandated reporter and if she feels daughter is being emotional hurt at mom's, they would have to call CPS.

Once the phone call is made, they will contact mother or is some cases go to childs school and interview child before child goes home for the day. They will interview and get documentation from her. They are not supposed to tell her where the phone call came from. If no one is willing to help you, maybe take a ride to CPS and give them your proof and see if they will open a case...take pic of daughter with no eyelashes/brows. Reports from school, dr's notes from the past.

Not sure where you are in the court system, but you maybe able to get temporary emergency hearing that child is in emotional distress and needs help, either treatment, program, counseling. You can say that this past week change of circumstances were that child is pulling out hair. Do you have a law guardian? Can you call them and tell them the latest?