Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 03:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poor school attendance and unstable home environment

Started by jason.hayes, Apr 06, 2009, 03:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason.hayes

I was divorced 9 yrs ago and my daughter was not born yet. Since then, my exwife has been in and out of relationships, moving the kids each time, and mostly with the same guy. They split he kicks them out, and later she takes him back.  She filed a restraining order whhich he violated and later rescinded, stating she feared for the children's safety. I also have records of every school year, and in every year except one each missed more than twenty days, 43 for my son one year. This year the school was very concerned with my daughter's attendance as she has two D's in third grade and they were concerned about state assessments. My 13 yr old son has been made fun of and had pranks played on him for his lack of hygiene which I feel is her responsibility. In the last few days she and the kids have been kicked out again and are moving back to their grandmothers house and are switching schools at the end of the year. I don't feel this is a good environment either as she is a very critical woman. My exwife doesn't want to be there either but she has no place else to go. I offered to take the kids while she gets back on her feet but she refused. She has no job, no car, and is not living with her mother. I have no money for a lawyer. Is there someplace for me to find some advice?