Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: need help preparing my case  (Read 12002 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
need help preparing my case
« on: Apr 30, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »
My name is jeremy campbell and I filed a case several months ago in an attempt to procure shared custody of my 3 year-old daughter.  Her mother and i conceived her during a fling which lasted all of 2 weeks at which time she informed me that she was in a relationship with someone else.  We broke off contact and 5 months later I found out that she was pregnant and I was one of two possible fathers. As her and her boyfriend are both african-american and I am caucasian i told her to contact me if the child was born with lighter complected skin.  7 months passed and I heard nothing until one day she appeared suddenly and demanded to know was I going to be in my childs life. I said of course, and expected to see her again soon, but another 7 months passed before I was allowed to see Zafirah again, and then it was only for a few hours at a time, and later we agreed to one day a week after she turned a year old, this continued until we had a disagreement and she restricted my visits.  To make a long story short, the last 3 years have been more of the same, every time we disagree she pulls the plug on spending valuable time with my daughter. I filed a case with family court and am preparing to represent myself due to the fact that I cannot afford an attorney. What resources are available to me where I could procure either pro-bono representation or at least limited scope representation at little or no cost?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.