Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 03:48:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grandparents involved in childs life?

Started by twistedtmama, Jun 30, 2011, 09:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twistedtmama

Do you think it is necessary for a grandparent to be involved in the grandchilds life?

My parents are involved in both my sons lives they love them and see them all the time. My oldest son who is almost five is not my husbands bio child. My second son is his bio child. We do not allow my FIL to see my son for the fact when my husband and I got married fil threatened to kill me because he didn't like me because I had a child from a previous relationship so he didn't want his son marrying me. My FIL is a real wacko.

My MIL we allow for her to see our son but she chooses not to be FIL controls her life. She has seen him twice and didn't tell her husband. She even has to hide my sons pictures from her husband what is everyones opinion on this?

tigger

If the relationship is unhealthy (or the "adult" is unstable), no it's not necessary for a grandparent (or stepgrandparent) to be involved in a child's life.  You have to do what's in the best interest of the child.  Being forced to spend time with someone who does not have a bond with him and has stated that he wants momma dead isn't healthy.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!