Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 07:22:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Court in 2 weeks

Started by IceMountain, Mar 06, 2006, 06:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMountain

We have a date this month for a modification in Iowa.  We've been through mediation and had negotiations with our lawyers.  The court date if FINALLY fast approaching!

All of the court documents and evidence are in my lawyer's hands and my lawyer if preparing my witnesses.

The biggest part of my case is more time with my son.

What else should I be doing?

Any useful hints from others that have been in the 'modification' shoes?

Any advice on what to, and what not to, do?

?????????

mishelle2

WE HAD THE EXACT SITUATION.. WE HAD THE MEDIATOR SAYING YES DAD SHOULD HAVE SON MORE.. bm blew up on stand.. and then we made a fatal error.. we allowed the son to be interviewed by the judge... huge mistake!!! we werent notified of when it took place, it was actually on our day of custody, but since during school hours, the mother checked him out and back in without dad ever knowing, mother and her attorney prepped child so good.. he didnt know green from yellow.. and he told the judge exactly what he was told to.. and .. judge ate it up.. and we lost..  So my advice is .. if judge wants child to be interviewed say NO or have mediator do it.. and ask every ?? you can think of .. and pull your x's family that is there for her support to the stand and ask them why they dont think you should have more time with child.. hopefully you can prove it is an effort to keep you from your child by the entire family of the x.. I wish we would have done that.. and if the x had teachers write letters on her behalf supeona them too.. and ask what were they told prior to writing there declarations..

And last of all good luck....

CustodyIQ

Build your case to show why it's in the child's best interest to modify the parenting plan in the manner you're requesting.

If you have credible and valid evidence that supports your position, and if your attorney is competent, then you'll win.

Otherwise, you'll lose.

Without you providing any other details, how else can a person respond to you?

msme

make it clear that if anyone wants to interview your child, you will be present for the interview. If they somehow block you, demand that the interview be taped & get a copy of the tape.

Good luck & God bless
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!