Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: how to obtain a court ordered psychiatric evaluation/?/?/  (Read 14934 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
how to obtain a court ordered psychiatric evaluation/?/?/
« on: Jul 31, 2011, 03:13:52 AM »
I was ordered to have a psychiatric evaluation by the judge in our order of protection case. There were never any accusations of abuse nor neglect of any type by anyone. I was at my own home and my ex was dropping our son off for our scheduled visitation she brought her friend along ( a friend I do not like nor want arround our family) I asked my ex never to bring here to my home again and her friend asked me why I told her that I thought she was a whore (as she cheated on her now ex husband multipul times) and I didn't think her being around our family was a good idea. This was brought up in court and I admitted to calling her a whore, the judge then suspended my visitation until I have a psychiatric evaluation completed. I have tried everything I know and still can't get one done. I had my Dr. refer me and everthing but to no avail. I haven't seen my sonj in a long time now and I really want him back. If anyone can help me in this area I would more than appreciate it as will my children. Please help!!!Also I live in Illinois as do my ex and our son.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5073
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: how to obtain a court ordered psychiatric evaluation/?/?/
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
Call the court for a list of providers. Call your insurance company and ask for some names. Some drs do not do full evaluations and here you will wait a month or two to get into someone and sometimes it takes a few visits to do, then they have to write it all up.
Keep calling around and make an appointment, make sure you are clear on what you need for court and ask them if they are willing to do that.

Are you sure the courts did not give you a name of someone you have to go to?


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1013
  • Karma: -545
    • View Profile
Re: how to obtain a court ordered psychiatric evaluation/?/?/
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

It is my very strong opinion that you have done nothing to cause a child to be denied a relationship with their parent. If an evaluation declared you to be "the Father of the Year" the court would still be likely to make-up more ridiculous chit.

IL has a defined Recusal process whereas the judge is motioned to Recuse him/herself and then it follows that they order themselves off the case.  A new judge is then assigned from within that particular judicial circuit for a new hearing.  The evaluation will likely go by the way side since that obnoxious order was the cause for the judge being "bias and prejudice against you and your child".  Most judges will sign the order to recuse themselves since they never want to be held accountable either.  The smaller the venue the better (ie may be less effective in Cook )

I phoned the IL State Bar (in Spfld) to ask for a referral to a rule-of-law type (ie not divorce/custody & cheaper) atty from a nearby venue where the order was placed... an atty that normally practices in that venue is likely to maintain their suck-a$$ status quo.

This is not RADICAL (IL judges are accustomed) and should be CONSIDERED as a course of action.

What part of the state are you located.
just fyi.  my atty gave the judge 1 day to sign the order.  He did not so the exact same motion was entered and my atty politely told him he would have his sorry-a$$ in front of the supremes the next day.   


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Re: how to obtain a court ordered psychiatric evaluation/?/?/
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »
Just so you know, the starting fee for my court-appointed psych $5000!


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: -3
    • View Profile
Re: how to obtain a court ordered psychiatric evaluation/?/?/
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2011, 08:43:37 AM »
Dude...  There are things you should not say.  that was one of them.  Its all bs really.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.