Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Florida Child Support End Date  (Read 4909 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Florida Child Support End Date
« on: Aug 03, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
My question(s) concerning this are actually much more complicated than I am asking here so I have decided to break my questions(s) up into more simple ones.

It may take a while (if ever) for me to ask the questions I really want to ask because they are so subjective and complicated as is everything behind the black iron curtain.

Here goes.....

My court order reads that I have to pay child support for my child until the age of 18 unless he is enrolled in high school expected to graduate until the age of 19.

Let's face it, I will be paying support until he reaches the age of 19.

However, any accounting that I request from the Florida Department of Revenue shows a termination date when he reaches his 18th birthday.

In this game, I am sure that the system would love to stop collecting child support via wage attachment on his 18th birthday and then go to jail for failure to pay.

Further to this, in Florida you have to petition the court to make child support payments stop.

More recently, HB 907 automates the process off child support termination. In other words, you don't need to go to court to end child support payments anymore. It also makes child support terminate at the age of 18. Unfortunately, it seems to only apply to cases initiated after October 2010. It seems that cases before this are not grandfathered in.

Any ideas what is what? Child Support termination is going to be in 6 or 7 years anyway I look at it. However, in this game I have come to realize that I need to stay that far ahead to survive.



  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5079
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Child Support End Date
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »
It should end at child's birthday or graduation from high school, which ever is later.

I would file a few months before child's 18th birthday for modification/end child support. Get into court have get an exact date on record. This way you do not over pay and never see your money again.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.